FY19 RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 9/12/2018
MARADMINS Number: 502/18
R 121534Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FY19 RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS //
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/052104ZMAR18//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/131858ZAPR18//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1300R.65D, RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM REFERENCE B IS MARADMIN 141/18, CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB). REFERENCE C IS MARADMIN 215/18, CHANGE 1 TO THE CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB)//
POC/JERRY L. AYMOND/MAJ/RAM-3/TEL: 703-784-0537//
POC/BRENNETT FORD/CIV/RAM-3/TEL: 703-784-0523//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 13 August 2018, the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC MRA) convened the FY19 RCSB and RSLB. The purpose of command screening is to ensure that Marines receive the best possible leadership and to provide all eligible officers with a fair and equitable opportunity to command.
2. The board selected 33 officers for command and 11 officers for senior leader billets as primaries. To accommodate the assignment process and the availability of individual officers, 42 officers were selected as alternates and found eligible for command. The alternate list provides an adequate number of officers to meet the command requirements should a primary decline command or otherwise be unable to take command.
3. The quality of the Marines considered reaffirms that the Marine Corps continues to produce leaders of the highest caliber. The relatively small number of command billets available and the large number of eligible officers creates an exceptionally competitive process.
4. CMC has approved the following Reserve Colonel Command Slate. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS), with projected change of command (PCOC) date.
a. CO, 3d CAG, FHG, Great Lakes, IL, Cunningham, Mark A. 8041 Mar 19.
b. CO, 4th CAG, FHG, Hialeah, FL, Jilson, Erik W. 8040, Dec 18.
c. CO, TAA CO D, FHG, Concord, CA, Douglas, Christopher J. 8041, Apr 19.
d. CO, RSU Camp Pendleton, Camp Pendleton, CA, Ullman Craig C. 8040, Jul 19.
5. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Vice C/S, MFR, New Orleans, LA, Goralnick, Max 8041, Oct 18.
b. Deputy Commander, FHG, New Orleans, LA, Souza III, William E. 8041, May 19.
c. Sr Reserve Advisor, 23d Marines, 4th MarDiv, San Bruno, CA, Winnacker, David K. 0302, Sep 19.
d. Sr Reserve Advisor, 25th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Ayer, MA, Adams, Raymond L. 0302, Sep 19.
e. Sr Reserve Advisor, MAG-41, 4th MAW, Fort Worth, TX, Tiernan, Patrick F. 7557, Jul 19.
f. Sr Reserve Advisor, CLR-4, 4th MLG, Kansas City, MO, Failmezger, Priscilla P. 8040, Sep 19.
6. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. These assignments are not designated as commanders and therefore, will not attend Cornerstone. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Regional Coordinator, RSP-3, FHG, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Rivera, Julian J. 7563, Dec 18.
b. Regional Coordinator, RSP-4, FHG, Marietta, GA, McKeown, Adam N. 8041, Dec 18.
c. Regional Coordinator, RSP-5, FHG, Fort Worth, TX, Ramos, Steven T. 4402, Mar 19.
d. Deputy Director, Reserve Legal Support, HQMC JA, Washington, D.C., Taylor, Troy D. 4402, Jul 19.
e. Reserve Deputy Director, MAGTF Staff Training Program, TECOM, Quantico, VA, Day, Sean N. 8041, Aug 19.
7. CMC has approved the following Reserve Lieutenant Colonel Command Slate. Each command is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS with projected change of command date.
a. CO, Law Enforcement Bn, FHG, St Paul, MN, McGill, Solon 7202 Jan 19.
b. CO, Intel Support Bn, FHG, New Orleans, LA, Egan, Brendan P. 0202, Jun 2019.
c. CO, 4th ANGLICO, FHG, West Palm Beach, FL, Delpalazzo, Michael P. 1802, Apr 19.
d. CO, 1st Bn, 23d Mar, 4th MarDiv, Houston, TX, McKinley, Patrick A. 0302, Oct 18.
e. CO, 2d Bn, 25th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Garden City, NY, Rodrigues, Joseph L. 0302, Oct 18.
f. CO, 3d Bn, 25th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Brook Park, OH, Wong, Jeffrey W. 0302, Oct 18
g. CO, 3d Force Recon Co, 4th MarDiv, Mobile, AL, Waller Jr., Thomas J. 0302, Sep 19.
h. CO, 4th Force Recon Co, 4th MarDiv, Alameda, CA, Howard, Alexander D. 0302, Oct 18.
i. CO, 2d Bn, 14th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Grand Prairie, TX, Leibowitz, Jeremiah H. 0802, Aug 19.
j. CO, 3d Bn, 14th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Bristol, PA, Herther, Benjamen M. 0802, May 19.
k. CO, 4th CEB, 4th MarDiv, Baltimore, MD, Douglass, John M. 1302, Nov 18.
l. CO HMLA-775, 4th MAW, Camp Pendleton, CA, Vanburnt, Joel A. 7565, Oct 18.
m. CO, HMH-772, 4th MAW, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Cormier, Joshua 7566, Mar 19.
n. CO, VMM-764, 4th MAW, Miramar, CA, Fessler, Bradley G. 7532, Sep 19.
o. CO, VMM-774, 4th MAW, Norfolk, VA, Sferrazza, Anthony S. 7532, Oct 18.
p. CO, VMGR-234, 4th MAW, Forth Worth, TX, Ditto, Kyle H. 7557, Jul 19.
q. CO, VMGR-452, 4th MAW, Newburgh, NY, McLendon, Dax R. 7557, Mar 19.
r. CO, VMU-4, 4th MAW, Camp Pendleton, CA, Wong, Maisie M. 7202, May 19.
s. CO, VMR Det Belle Chasse, 4th MAW, Belle Chasse, LA, Olson, Jake A. 7563, Jun 19.
t. CO, MACS-24, 4th MAW, Dam Neck, VA, Armenta, Estevan 7202, Jun 19.
u. CO, MTACS-48, 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL, McAvoy III, Thomas A. 7202, May 19.
v. CO, MWSS-472, 4th MAW, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Mackres, Nick G. 3002, Jun 19.
w. CO, MALS-41, 4th MAW, Fort Worth, TX, Grosso, Cheryl L. 6602, Jun 19.
x. CO, MALS-49, 4th MAW, Newburgh, NY, Beichner Jr., John M. 7523, Mar 19.
y. I-I, 3d CAG, Great Lakes, IL, Montgomery, Keith M. 1802, Jun 19.
z. I-I, 4th CAG, Hialeah, FL, Garvey, Ian J. 0402, Jun 19.
aa. Site Comdr, MCAS Miramar, 4th MAW, San Diego, CA, Cagle, Jared E. 7523, Aug 19.
bb. I-I, 4th Med Bn, San Diego, CA, Clendaniel, Scott M. 0402, May 2017.
cc. I-I TAA Co D, FHG, Concord, CA, Laux, Daniel W. 0302, Apr 2019.
8. Coordinating Instructions. Acceptance, declination, and deferral. Primaries will receive a letter from CMC (RA) directing them to accept, decline, or request deferral of assignment in writing to CMC (RA) within 30 days of receipt of letter. Officers failing to respond within 30 days of receipt of their letter will be considered to have declined the slated billet. CMC (RA) will notify Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, of all declinations of command or senior leader billets.
9. The list of alternates will not be published via MARADMIN. The alternate list by EDIPI can be found by accessing www.manpower.usmc.mil. Under “Top Requests,” select “Reserve Officer Command Screening.” On the right side of the screen, under “Documents,” select “FY19 RCSB Alternate List.” The list is only valid until the next RCSB/RSLB.
10. Officers slated to command will schedule their attendance to the Commandants Combined Commandership Program prior to, or shortly after, assuming command. The program consists of two courses conducted concurrently: a ten day commanders course and a 5 day spouses workshop. These courses are conducted semiannually. The courses will be conducted aboard MCB Quantico. The FY19 programs were announced in MARADMINs 141/18 and 215/18. Officers slated in paragraphs 4, 5, and 7 must schedule attendance at Cornerstone. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Further info is available from MCU online at: http:(slash)(slash)www.mcu.usmc.mil.
POC for the Commanders Course is Major Lisa Arocho at (703) 432-4710 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Upon assumption of command or senior leader billet, individual units will notify CMC (RA) via email on standard naval letterhead with the officers name, and date they assumed the billet. Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
12. All officers slated for command and senior leader billets, including all alternates, will receive a letter from CMC (RA) notifying them of selection. This letter will also be included in their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
13. Point of contact: Jerry L. Aymond, RAM-3, DSN: 278-0523, COMM: (703)-784-0523, Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
14. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//