CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2019 GEICO MILITARY SERVICE AWARDS
Date Signed: 10/5/2018
MARADMINS Number: 573/18
R 042029Z OCT 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2019 GEICO MILITARY SERVICE AWARDS//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) Military Service Awards program honors one active duty enlisted member from each military service and one member from the reserve/national guard component for outstanding contributions to the civilian and/or military community in the following areas:
a. Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
b. Fire Safety and Fire Prevention
c. Traffic Safety and Accident Prevention
2. Recipients will be recognized with a special awards ceremony in April 2019 in Washington, D.C. Winners will receive a commemorative plaque and a (dollar sign)2,500 honorarium, provided by the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation. GEICO will pay the cost of lodging and round trip transportation for the Marine, or Sailor serving in a Marine Corps unit and one guest.
3. Selections are based on noteworthy accomplishments or recent individual contributions in one of the above areas in career (on-duty) and non-career (off-duty) related activities. Any Active Duty or Reserve Component enlisted member with at least one year obligated service from the date of the nomination is eligible. Previous recipients of this award are ineligible.
4. Each nomination package should contain the following:
a. One single-spaced, biographical page with the following information: full name, grade, duty title, organization, office symbol, duty station, official and personal mailing address, duty station phone numbers, and a brief biographical sketch to include family, military history, and military/civilian education and awards. Also include a consent for release of personal information in accordance with the privacy act.
b. A one-page narrative stating the reason(s) for nomination. Describe specific achievement(s) or service(s) contributed and how they benefitted the military and/or civilian community, with specific details on accomplishments.
c. A cover letter from the nominee's Commanding Officer providing a positive statement about the nominee, the category for which the individual is being nominated, and the name and telephone number of a unit point of contact.
d. One 8x10 inch high resolution color photograph, head and shoulders view, in Service Alpha or Navy equivalent uniform without cover.
e. One copy of nominee's basic training record and basic information record.
5. Submit nominations to the Director, Safety Division via official endorsing chain of command to arrive not later than 25 October 2018. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Submit nominations via email with high resolution attachments or via the U.S. Postal Service as follows:
a. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. USPS: Commandant of the Marine Corps, Safety Division
Attn: GySgt Raphael Montgomery
701 S. Courthouse Rd
Arlington, VA 22204-2462
Complete details may be found at the GEICO military service awards website at https:(slant)(slant)www.geico.com/information/military/returning-the-favor/service-awards/
6. The selection panel is comprised of the Senior Enlisted Advisors of each service and the Reserve(slant)National Guard component. Final Marine Corps nominees are briefed to the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps prior to submission to GEICO.
7. The point of contact is GySgt Raphael Montgomery, 703-604-4463 DSN 664-4463 or email@example.com.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Michael G. Dana, Director, Marine Corps Staff.//