MARADMINS : 575/18
R 042332Z OCT 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE CY19 OUTREACH AWARDS//
POC/WILLIAM L. ROUNTREE/CAPT (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: WILLIAM.ROUNTREE@USMC.MIL//
POC A. N. WILLIAMSON/CPL (MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ALYISSA.WILLIAMSON@USMC.MIL//
POC L. G. BRAYBOY/CIV (MPC)/ TEL: COM 703-432-9052/EMAIL: LEON.BRAYBOY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Each year, HQMC, Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management Branch (MPE) and the Civilian Workforce Management Branch (MPC) convene boards to select award recipients for numerous Department of Defense (DoD) and National Affinity Group awards.
2. The outreach awards are divided into two categories: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), and leadership and meritorious service.
a. STEM awards recognize military and civilian nominees who have distinguished themselves by significantly contributing to their organizations mission and the nation through exemplary professional career achievement, technical contribution, educational leadership, and community service.
b. Leadership and Meritorious Service Awards recognize nominees who have distinguished themselves through their exemplary leadership, promotion of the Marine Corps in their community, and fostering of positive relationships between the Armed Forces and the civilian population.
3. All Marines and civilian employees, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation are eligible for nomination.
Commanders may nominate individuals pending conference approval to alleviate short fused notifications and enhance participation.
4. Please refer to the above listed points of contact for any inquiries regarding specific award criteria and nomination package requirements.
5. Current FY outreach awards nominations due date:
a. 30 Oct 2018:
Career Communications Group, Stars and Stripes Military Recognition Award. 7-9 February 2019
b. 2 Jan 2019:
(1) Sea Service Leadership Association Maj Megan McClung Leadership Award (military) June 2019, four total recipients: one field grade officer, one company grade officer, one staff non-commissioned officer, and one junior Marine will be awarded from the pool of nominees.
(2) Federal Asian Pacific American Council Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military) 13-16 May 2019
(3) Society of American Indian Government Employees (civilian/military) June 2019
(4) League of United Latin American Citizens Excellence Award (civilian/military) July 2019
(5) Federally Employed Women Meritorious Service Award (civilian) July 2019
(6) Blacks in Government (civilian/military) August 2019
(7) Latina Style Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military) September 2019
(8) National Image, Incorporated Meritorious Service Award (civilian) September 2019
(9) Department of Defense Disability Award (military and civilian) October 2019
6. National Affinity Groups are non-federal entities and are not endorsed by the USMC.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized BGen W. H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//