TRICARE YOUNG ADULT PROGRAM PREMIUM RATE CHANGES
Date Signed: 10/5/2018
MARADMINS Number: 576/18
R 050020Z OCT 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/TRICARE YOUNG ADULT PROGRAM PREMIUM RATE CHANGES//
AMPN/REF A IS POLICY MEMORANDUM TO ESTABLISH 2019 PREMIUM RATES FOR TRICARE RESERVE SELECT, TRICARE RETIRED, RESERVE AND TRICARE YOUNG ADULT//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Background. The TRICARE Young Adult (TYA) program is a premium-based health care plan available for purchase by qualified dependents. Eligible dependents may generally purchase TYA coverage if they meet the following criteria: (1) a dependent of a TRICARE-eligible uniformed service sponsor, (2) unmarried, (3) at least age 21 (or age 23 if a full time student), but have not yet reached age 26.
2. TYA premium rates are established annually on a calendar year (CY) basis in accordance with title 10, United States Code, Section 1110b and Title 32, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 199.26.
3. The Assistant Secretary of Defense of Health Affairs released reference (a), establishing CY19 monthly premium rates for the TYA program and requested widest dissemination. Effective CY19, TYA Select will have a monthly premium rate of 214 dollars, a 4.9 percent decrease from CY18. TYA Prime will have a monthly premium rate of 358 dollars, a 10.5 percent increase from CY18.
4. For additional information on TYA, or for specific questions about this change, sponsors and family members may visit www.tricare.mil/tya. TRICARE benefit updates are available by e-mail alerts, beneficiaries may sign up for alerts at www.tricare.mil/Resources/GoPaperless/EmailAlerts.
5. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 December 2019.
6. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//