MARADMINS : 617/18
R 261934Z OCT 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/FY-19 COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGES//
POC/RYAN STEENBERGE/CAPT/MCRCO/-/TEL: 703-939-4853/EMAIL: RYAN.STEENBERGE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/RMKS/1. This message serves as an announcement for the FY-19 Commandants Innovation Challenges. The purpose of the challenges are to solicit innovative ideas from Marines, Sailors, and Government civilians from across the Marine Corps. Innovative thinking has long been a hallmark of the Marine Corps, and todays environment requires greater innovation and creativity. The most promising ideas from each challenge will be selected for action by the various elements of Headquarters Marine Corps and influence the future of the Marine Corps. Challenge winners will have the opportunity to directly partner with Headquarters Marine Corps offices to further develop their ideas into reality.
2. The Commandants Innovation Challenges will be conducted quarterly throughout the FY. The challenge topics and leads for this FY are:
2.A. 1st Quarter (Qtr): Topic – Fight the Naval Force Forward. Lead – Marine Corps Rapid Capabilities Office.
2.B. 2nd Qtr: Topic – Sustain the Expeditionary Force. Lead – Logistics Integration Division.
2.C. 3rd Qtr: Topic – Enhance Training to Mission. Lead – Training and Education Command.
2.D. 4th Qtr: Topic – Special Operations Forces Integration, Interoperability, and Interdependence. Lead – Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command.
3. The beginning of each challenge will be announced via MARADMIN and other platforms. The challenges will have a minimum submission window of 28 days. The challenge winners and noteworthy submissions will be announced within 45 days of submission closure. Each challenge will have specified submission requirements which will be outlined in their respective launch announcement.
4. Innovation challenge winners will have a number of incentives to participate in the challenge. Winners will be personally recognized by the Commandant of the Marine Corps and will directly participate in further development of their idea. Challenge winners will also be recognized in official Marine Corps media channels and publications, such as marines.mil, Marine Corps Facebook page, etc.
5. Funding for participation in the Commandants Innovation Challenges will be through Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General D. H. Berger, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//