CHANGE 2 TO THE FY19 RESERVE (SMCR-IRR) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) SELECTION BOARD
Date Signed: 1/10/2019
MARADMINS Number: 019/19
R 101932Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/CHANGE 2 TO THE FY19 RESERVE (SMCR-IRR) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) SELECTION BOARD//
NARR/REF A, MARADMIN 630/18, THE FY19 RESERVE (SMCR-IRR) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) SELECTION. REF B, MARADMIN 033/19, CHANGE 1 TO THE FY19 RESERVE (SMCR-IRR) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) SELECTION//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/HD MMPR-2/TEL: DSN 278-9718 EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the changes to the zone cutoffs initially announced in reference (a) and modified in reference (b). These changes are reflective of the current requirements of the Marine Corps Reserve. This MARADMIN pertains to members of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR), the Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA), Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), and Limited Tour Active Reserve (AR) Marines.
2. The Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) authorizes a one-year waiver for the resident Professional Military Education (PME) requirement for sergeants only. Sergeants who are in zone for staff sergeant and do not have resident PME completed before 2359 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 22 January 2019 will be considered “eligible for selection” by the FY19 Reserve (SMCR-IRR) Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) Selection Board. Prior to the board convene date, sergeants who are in zone must complete EPME5000AA Sergeants Course Distance Education Program via MarineNet to satisfy the non-resident PME requirement for selection eligibility.
3. The table below updates the zones and allocations in paragraph 7 of reference (b):
MASTER SERGEANT TO MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
PMOS IRR SMCR ABOVE ZONE PROMOTION ZONE BELOW ZONE
ALLOC ALLOC JR DOR PEBD JR DOR PEBD JR DOR PEBD
1349 0 1 160401 NA 160501 NA NA NA
4. All other provisions remain.
5. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch web site.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
7. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//