11–15 FEBRUARY 2019 COMMUNICATION STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS (COMMSTRAT) OPERATIONAL ADVISORY GROUP (OAG) CALLING MESSAGE
Date Signed: 1/11/2019
MARADMINS Number: 028/19
R 111610Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC OUSMCC WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/11–15 FEBRUARY 2019 COMMUNICATION STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS (COMMSTRAT) OPERATIONAL ADVISORY GROUP (OAG) CALLING MESSAGE//
REF/A/COMMAND ELEMENT ADVOCATE BOARD (CEAB) CHARTER/28 AUG 2014//
REF/B/COMMSTRAT OAG CHARTER/05 SEP 2017//
REF/C/MCO 5311.6 ADVOCATE AND PROPONENT ASSIGNMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES/2 DEC 2013//
NARR/REF A PROVIDES AUTHORITY FOR CONDUCT OF CEAB-SPONSORED OAG(S). REF B PROVIDES AUTHORITY FOR THE 45XX COMMSTRAT OCCFLD TO ESTABLISH AND HOST AN OAG. REF C IDENTIFIES ADVOCATE AND PROPONENT RESPONSIBILITIES AND GUIDANCE.//
POC/ANDRIOUS/AJ/MAJ/SECTION HEAD/FDR/CD/ TEL: (703) 614-1494/EMAIL: ANTONY.ANDRIOUS@USMC.MIL
POC/VOUGHT/JM/MSGT/CHIEF/FDR/CD/ TEL: (703) 614-1494/ EMAIL: JEREMY.VOUGHT@USMC.MIL
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This calling message provides information for the COMMSTRAT OAG to be held 10 – 16 February 2019 inclusive of two travel days.
2. The COMMSTRAT OAG will be hosted by the Director, Communication Directorate (CD) who serves as the proponent of the COMMSTRAT Occupational Field (OccFld).
3. Purpose. The COMMSTRAT OAG is the Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration-directed forum for interface, planning and decision between Headquarters Marine Corps, the operating forces and the supporting establishment concerning issues that affect the 45xx COMMSTRAT OccFld. The OAG strives to increase COMMSTRAT capabilities, employability, development and readiness in support of the Marine Corps’ operational and institutional missions. It provides a critical forum for the OccFld to provide input to the COMMSTRAT proponent and advocate based on their current operational perspectives.
4. The COMMSTRAT OAG will take place at the MITRE facility in the Quantico Corporate Center located at 925 Corporate Drive, Stafford, VA 22554.
5. To effectively support the ongoing COMMSTRAT modernization and development for Force 2025, the following commands are requested to send 45XX leadership resident within their commands.
5.A. Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration (2 PAX).
5.B. Marine Corps Combat Development Command (2 PAX)
5.C. Deputy Commandant for Information (4 PAX)
5.D. Marine Forces Pacific (2 PAX).
5.E. Marine Forces Command (2 PAX).
5.F. Marine Forces Reserve/North (2 PAX).
5.G. Marine Forces Central Command (1 PAX).
5.H. Marine Forces Europe/Africa (1 PAX).
5.I. I Marine Expeditionary Force (6 PAX).
5.J. II Marine Expeditionary Force (6 PAX).
5.K. III Marine Expeditionary Force (6 PAX).
5.L. Marine Corps Systems Command (10 PAX).
5.M. Marine Corps Installations Command (1 PAX).
5.N. Marine Corps Installations West (3 PAX).
5.O. Marine Corps Installations East (3 PAX).
5.P. Marine Corps Installations Pacific (3 PAX).
5.Q. Marine Forces Special Operations Command (1 PAX).
5.R. Marine Forces Cyber Command (1 PAX).
5.S. Marine Forces South Command (1 PAX).
5.T. Marine Corps Recruiting Command (2 PAX).
5.U. Marine Instructors and Detachment Leadership at the Defense Information School (3 PAX).
5.V. Defense Media Activity Marines (1 PAX).
5.W. Marine Air Ground Task Force Staff Training Program (1 PAX).
5.X. Marine Corps Information Operations Center (2 PAX).
6. Command representatives are required to have the authority to speak on behalf of their respective commander on all areas of the 45XX OccFld, and if required, vote on the outcome as briefed to the OAG chair on Day 5. Each MIG and their respective subordinate COMMSTRAT Companies are highly recommended to attend. Commands are also highly encouraged to provide their respective 4503 Visual Information Officers.
7. If a command is not listed, or a command requests additional seats, contact the POC within this MARADMIN.
8. Working Groups (WG). The COMMSTRAT OAG is comprised of the following working groups and tentative agenda items.
8.A. Doctrine and Policy WG will establish the table of contents and subjects therein for the COMMSTRAT Marine Corps Order, establish the way forward regarding Marine Corps Operational Security (OPSEC), and discuss the future of the COMMSTRAT Digital Strategy and Policy necessary to develop and employ the OCCFLD within the Force 2025 framework.
8.B. Organization and Personnel WG will address OccFld officer inventory growth through the 4502 Personnel Strategy regarding redesignation, lateral move, and increased retention and will identify incentives, requirements, and parameters to inform the manpower and human resources development process.
8.C. Training, Leadership and Education WG will review the final COMMSTRAT Indoctrination Program and review and establish the Officer and Enlisted OccFld road map; discuss and outline the future transformation of the 4503 Visual Information Officers.
8.D. Materiel and Facilities WG will determine materiel standardization that will inform future OccFld equipment-sets.
9. Each command should be prepared to brief the OAG on their local modernization efforts outlined with MARADMIN 534/17.
10. Request RSVP from representatives no later than 25 January 2019. Use the following link to register for the COMMSTRAT OAG: https:(slash)(slash)einvitations.afit.edu/inv/rsvp.cfm&i=428787&k=06634A0E7350
11. Visit Access Request (VAR) is not required for the COMMSTRAT OAG.
12. Uniform: business casual for all participants.
13. Travel days are 10 and 16 February 2019. All travel expenses are a unit responsibility. Travelers are required to book lodging at military lodging, if unavailable, as a courtesy, a block of rooms under code “COMMSTRAT OAG” is available atHome2 Suites by Hilton, located near the OAG site.
14. The COMMSTRAT OAG (4.5 full days) agenda will be provided via SEPCOR.
15. Attendees and commands must comply with MCO 4600.40b concerning the government travel charge card program. DTS will identify the 2019 max per diem rate for Stafford, VA.
16. Transportation and parking. Transportation is the responsibility of the attendee. Parking is available at no cost at the OAG site.
17. Cell phones and computers are authorized within the facility and WIFI will be available.
18. Reporting costs. As sponsor of the COMMSTRAT OAG, CD is required to collect and submit actual cost information. It is mandatory for attending organizations and respective representatives to report total liquidation costs for their respective attendees via email to: M_HQMC_D_ADMIN@usmc.mil no later than 25 February 2019.
19. RSVP’s and questions related to the COMMSTRAT OAG should be sent to the CD FDR POCs listed above. Coordinating instructions and finalized agenda will be provided to confirmed attendees no later than 30 January 2019.
20. Release authorized by Brigadier General W. H. Seely III, Director, Communication Directorate.//