MARADMINS : 031/19
112100Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 THROUGH 2024 TRAINING INPUT PLAN REQUIREMENTS WORKING GROUP GUIDANCE//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1553.1B THE MARINE CORPS TRAINING AND EDUCATION SYSTEM. REF (B) IS MCO 1553.2C MARINE CORPS FORMAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF (C) IS MCO 5311.1E TOTAL FORCE STRUCTURE PROCESS.//
POC/D. R. JEFFRIES/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM/TEL: (703) 432-0071/TEL: DSN 378-0071, DAVID.R.JEFFRIES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Commanding General (CG), Training and Education Command (TECOM) sponsors the annual Training Input Plan (TIP) Requirements Working Group (WG). The TECOM Formal School Quota Requirements Management Branch (FSQRMB) Marine Air-Ground Task Force Training and Education Standards Division acts as the CGs agent to conduct the TIP Requirements WG. The Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 through 2024 TIP Requirements WG will be conducted from Tuesday, 5 March 2019 through Thursday, 7 March 2019 aboard Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia. This message provides WG guidance, as well as guidance for sponsors submission of formal school training requirements in preparation for the TIP Requirements WG.
2.a. Per references (a) and (b), FSQRMB annually solicits formal school training quota requirements from formal school requirement sponsors (Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Marine Corps Recruiting Command, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, occupational field managers as defined in reference (c), Marine Forces Commanders, and Marine Corps Installations Command). This information is compiled into the TIP, disseminated, and used as a planning tool for those activities required to plan, program, resource, and schedule training capacity to meet the Marine Corps formal school training requirements. FSQRMB requests sponsors submit their training requirements two months prior to the TIP Requirements WG. The purpose of the early submission is to provide sufficient time for FSQRMB to conduct requirement validation analysis prior to the WG meeting and to use the WG meeting as the vehicle for finalizing requirements, rather than as the vehicle for gathering them.
2.b. Requirement sponsors who do not submit FY 2020 through FY 2024 TIP requirements will not have their requirements published in the FY 2020 through FY 2024 TIP, resulting in FY 2020 course quotas not being allocated to their sponsor codes during the FY 2020 class schedule approval and posting process.
3. WG objectives
3.a. To the greatest extent possible, finalize FY 2020 formal training requirements by military occupational specialty (MOS), sponsor, and student type. Where finalization is not possible before WG adjournment, gather and validate FY 2020 formal course quota requirements.
3.b. Confirm recognized sponsors formal training requirements by MOS, sponsor, and student type for FY 2020 through 2024.
3.c. Provide face-to-face liaison and coordination amongst FSQRMB, requirement sponsors, operating forces, schoolhouses, and other WG participants.
4. Action. In preparation for the TIP Requirements WG, formal school requirement sponsors shall submit requirements per the following guidance.
4.a. For all requirement sponsors, (except active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors (Manpower Plans and Policy (MPP), Reserve Affairs, Plans, and Programming (RAP), and Reserve Affairs Management Branch)), submissions for best estimate FY 2020 through FY 2024 requirements for courses with an active course identifier (CID) in Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS) Student Registrar were due to FSQRMB no later than (NLT) 11 January 2019 (per MARADMIN 664/18).
4.b. For active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors (MPP, RAP, and RAM), submit FY 2020 through FY 2024 training requirements by MOS or by active CID in MCTIMS Student Registrar to FSQRMB NLT 22 February 2019. Sponsors shall make their requirement submissions using the Sponsor TIP Tool in the MCTIMS Student Registrar module. The Sponsor TIP Tool Users Guide is available at the FSQRMB public website under “TIP Working Group Files” at: https:(slash)(slash)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx. To access this SharePoint site you must use your common access card Department of Defense e-mail certificate. Furthermore, sponsors may contact FSQRMB at email@example.com to request additional guidance on the use of the Sponsor TIP Tool or for advice or referral on requirement planning.
5. Post-submission actions. FSQRMB will review submitted requirements and provided justifications and compare them to MCTIMS Student Registrar FY 2016 through FY 2018 usage data and corresponding data provided by the other services training management systems. Based on review of ongoing performance, FSQRMB will contact sponsors of requirements in order to refine the requirements prior to the FY 2020 through FY 2024 TIP being published. The objective is to confirm requirement validity to the greatest extent possible prior to the TIP requirements WG convening. This will minimize the need to adjudicate requirement validity during the conduct of the WG and afterward.
6. More information on FSQRMB and TIP development can be found at the FSQRMB common access website: https:(slash)(slash)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx.
7. Conduct of the WG. The WG is scheduled from 0800 to 1630 each day, but the schedule may extend beyond 1630 to accomplish necessary business. Sponsors should plan to be present at the start of their designated day, as the amount of time needed to review and finalize requirements for each sponsor will vary.
7.a. A daily schedule of sponsor review sequence will be disseminated via separate correspondence and will detail expected sponsor attendees.
7.b. Sponsors not required to attend the TIP WG will have their FY 2020 through FY 2024 TIP inputs verified via e-mail prior to the WG convening. These sponsors will also be identified in the afore-mentioned daily schedule.
8. Airborne (CID code: A030CG1). Airborne course requirements will not be addressed and quota requirements will not be accepted during the WG. All sponsor requirements for Airborne (CID code: A030CG1) were due 11 January 2019, with the exception of MPP-20 0EE and RAP 2E requirements for MOS 0451, and will be adjudicated and finalized before the WG convenes on 5 March 2019. Submitted requirements will be validated based on approved Total Force Structure Management System billets with billet MOS or N-coded additional skill MOS requiring airborne training.
9. Administration. The FY 2020 through FY 2024 TIP WG will be held on the second floor of the LSI building, 301 Potomac Ave., Quantico, VA 22134. Billeting reservations can be made aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico at the Crossroads Inn, (703) 630-4444, or Liversedge Hall, (703) 784-3149, however no block reservation has been established with either facility. Detailed directions to LSI, a base closure plan, updated sponsor sequence, and any changes to this final guidance will be released via e-mail to all contacts FSQRMB has on file on or around 20 February 2019. The planned WG uniform is woodland Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform.
10. Release authorized by Major General William F. Mullen, III Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//