R 082020Z FEB 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY19 1ST QUARTER INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP) EXPERIENCE TRACK SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1520.11F/YMD: 20130327//
REF/B/DOC/DODD 1315.17/YMD: 20050428//
NARR/REF A PROVIDES POLICY GUIDANCE FOR THE INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP). REF B IS THE POLICY FOR MILITARY DEPARTMENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER (FAO) PROGRAMS. REF C IS MARADMIN 518/18, FY 2019 MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY BONUS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. REF D IS MARADMIN 521/16, MCBUL 7220 ANNOUNCING REVISED MCO 7220.52 FOR THE MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE BONUS PROGRAM.
POC/1/PIPES, BENJAMIN/LTCOL/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4365/703-692-4365/BENJAMIN.PIPES@USMC.MIL.//
POC/2/FISHER, CLAYTON/CIV/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-0322/703-614-0322/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL.//
POC/3/CARACCIOLO, STEVEN/CTR/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4366/703-692-4366/STEVEN.CARACCIOLO.CTR@USMC.MIL.//
POC/4/MORALES, RONAL/MGYSGT/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4366/703-692-4366/RONAL.MORALES@USMC.MIL.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the results of the FY19 1st Quarter IAP Experience Track Panel. Based on their background, operational experience, and academic credentials, the below listed Marines are approved for the assignment of the Foreign Area Officer (FAO), Regional Affairs Officer (RAO), or Foreign Area SNCO (FAS) Additional Military Occupational Specialty (AMOS), as indicated below (read in seven columns):
Name Grade PMOS AMOS Desig Region Component
Ans, A.B. O2 0204 8242 FAO Eurasia Active
Bause, P.J. O3 0202 8247 FAO Europe Active
Beaudreau, M.D. O5 7502 8247 FAO Europe Active
Bebell, M.R. O4 7202 8247 FAO Europe Active
Britain, J.W. O4 0402 8247 FAO Europe Active
Holthaus, A.W. O3 4402 8242 FAO Eurasia Active
Moreira, J.A. E7 0211 8237 FAS Europe Active
Sanders, J.M. O5 7202 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Sho, W.J. O4 3002 8243 FAO NE Asia Active
Smith, J.R. O4 1803 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Stokes, J.V. O5 0207 8244 FAO Middle East Active
Studer, G.M. O4 7566 8247 FAO Europe Active
Whalen, J.L. O5 0202 8224 RAO Middle East Active
2. Per ref A, MMOA-3 will make appropriate entries into the active duty officers permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
3. FAS Marines must request their respective Installation Personnel Administration Centers (IPAC) to make appropriate entries into their permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
4. Reserve component Marines must request their respective IPAC or command administration office to make appropriate entries.
5. Per ref A, Marines applying for a FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS are highlighting their availability to serve in international affairs and political-military billets when not serving in their primary MOS. Marines subsequently declining to serve in such billets will have their FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS administratively withdrawn. Per refs A and C, Marines with a FAO or FAS AMOS are required to maintain current minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) scores of 2/2/1+ or 1+/1+/1+(Reading/Listening/Speaking), respectively. Failure to maintain minimum scores will result in administrative withdrawal of the FAO or FAS AMOS. Per ref A, all Marines designated as FAOs, RAOs, or FASs are required to possess a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in order to facilitate their integration in MAGTF planning, operations, security cooperation, and intelligence efforts during future assignments within tactical, operational, and strategic-level Marine Corps staffs, joint and combined staffs, and for duty with interagency organizations. Those Marines who do not have a current SSBI will submit a request immediately. This MARADMIN serves as authority to initiate an SSBI.
6. Funding for language sustainment training may be available to Marines with the FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS. Submit requests to IAPmarine@usmc.mil.
7. Questions concerning the International Affairs Program can be directed to the POCs listed above.
8. Release authorized by Mr. Jeffrey L. DeWeese, Acting Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//