R 181515Z MAR 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO//
SUBJ/0363 PMOS GUIDANCE REGARDING MOS MANUAL CHANGES//
POC/MGYSGT JEREL HOFER/LIGHT ARMORED RECONNAISSANCE OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/PP&O/ POG90/TEL: 703-692-4286/EMAIL: JEREL.HOFER@USMC.MIL//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASH DC/01JULY16//
NARR/REF (A) IS NAVMC 1200.1B, FISCAL YEAR 2017 MOS MANUAL. REF (B) IS FY15 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES (MOS) MANUAL CHANGES IMPLEMENTING MARADMIN. REF (C) IS 0369 PMOS GUIDANCE REGARDING MOS MANUAL CHANGES.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN is published to clarify the requirement for light armored vehicle Marines to attain the Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS) of 0363 in accordance with reference (a) for active and reserve component Marines.
2. Per reference (a), Marines must attend Light Armored Reconnaissance Leaders Course (LAR-LC) to obtain the 0363 PMOS. Once a Marine is selected to the rank of Staff Sergeant, they are eligible to attend LAR-LC. Commanders are highly encouraged to enroll their Marines in LAR-LC as soon as they have been selected for promotion to Staff Sergeant.
3. Active component Marines with the 0313 MOS who are in zone for promotion to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant and have not obtained the 0363 PMOS are not eligible for promotion consideration and will be deleted from the promotion board population.
4. Active component Marines with 24 or more months time in grade as a Staff Sergeant that have not completed LAR-LC, will require a CG endorsement for further retention.
5. While Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) Marines retain the eligibility to attend the current LAR-LC, Reserve component Marines are routinely unable to obligate the six weeks of time required to complete the current LAR-LC program of instruction.
6. PP&O, TECOM, and M&RA are actively working to develop an LAR-LC that supports the professional development and needs of reserve component light armored reconnaissance Marines. A course of action is intended to be validated no later than 30 September 2020.
7. Reserve component 0313 Staff Sergeants and Gunnery Sergeants who have not obtained the 0363 PMOS will maintain promotion and retention eligibility through FY21.
8. Additionally, Reserve component Marines will not be forced into the IRR due to a Billet Identification Codes (BICs) mismatch and will be allowed assignment to 0363 coded Staff Sergeant and Gunnery Sergeant BICs on their unit(s) Table of Organization (T/O).
9. Release authorized by LtGen Beaudreault, Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps.//