CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE FEDERAL ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN COUNCIL NATIONAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
Date Signed: 3/22/2019
MARADMINS Number: 182/19
R 211951Z MAR 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE FEDERAL ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN COUNCIL NATIONAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
OR A. N. WILLIAMSON/CPL (MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ALYISSA.WILLIAMSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2019 Federal Asian Pacific American Council National Leadership Training Program (FAPAC) 14-16 May 2019 at the Von Braun Center, Huntsville, Alabama. HQMC M&RA Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all travel expenses.
2. FAPAC National Leadership Training Program provides training in leadership, diversity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, and career advancement and management. FAPAC is an organization that promotes equal opportunity and cultural diversity for Asian Pacific Americans (APA) within the Federal and District of Columbia governments. They encourage the participation and advancement of Asian Pacific Americans in the government work force. FAPAC is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at https:(slash)(slash) www.fapac.org/
3. Admin and Logistics: Commanders may authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and civilian Marines who are attached to their unit. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation must be coordinated through the MPE Branch and provide commanding officer edorsement for their request to attend. Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized. Commands are not authorized to use command funding for rental cars.
4. To attend this event please email (via your OIC) your name, rank, unit, and duty station to the POCs.
5. Uniform of the day:
a. Marine attendees: Service “C”
b. Evening Attire: Officer/staff noncommissioned officer
blue-white dress “B”
c. Marine awardee Military Awards Ceremony: Officer/Staff
Noncommissioned Officer blue-white dress “B”,
Noncommissioned Officer dress blue “B”.
6. If you have DTS questions, please contact your local DTS office or visit their website at www.defensetravel.dod.mil.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen W. H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//