R 191700Z APR 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY19-02 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/C/MSGID:DOC/4TH MAW/WGO 5320.2T//
REF/D/MSGID:DOC/CMC/ MCO 1331.2K//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY18-02 4TH MAW OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATION SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF C IS 4TH MAW ORDER ON RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICIES. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/J.M. MCCLENDON/MAJ/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-1/-/504-697-7784/EMAIL: JOHN.MCCLENDON@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.J. ROBIN/MAJ/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW (G-3)/504-697-7541/EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org//
POC/L.C. WIGGINS/MAJ/UNIT: VMR BELLE CHASSE OPERATIONS OFFICER/TEL 504-678-3475/ EMAIL: LUTHER.WIGGINS@USMC.MIL//
POC/W.F. YOUSEFF/MAJ/VMR ANDREWS (S-3)/TEL: 240-857-0874/EMAIL: william.youssef@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. IAW REF A, the FY19-02 OSA Selection Board was convened by 4th MAW on 12 April 2019 and selected the below listed officers for transition training in the UC-12/UC-35 aircraft and subsequent Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) service within 4th MAW. Read in four columns:
RANK NAME MOS SQUADRON
Maj Jason E. Friday 7532 Belle Chasse
Maj Topher S. Koreis 7566 Belle Chasse
Maj Brian C. Kruger 7565 Belle Chasse
Capt Eric Mui 7523 Belle Chasse
Maj Srivatsan Santhanam 7509 Andrews
Maj David I. Fuller 7565 Belle Chasse
Maj John M. McClendon 7562 Belle Chasse
Capt Michael L. Wooten 7556 Belle Chasse
2. All personnel listed above are directed to contact their appropriate squadron operations officer within 30 days of the release of this message accepting or declining their assignment to the appropriate VMR. Selectees who cannot join the appropriate unit and attend training within 180 days will be required to apply at a later date.
3. The next 4TH MAW OSA Selection Board is planned for Fall 2019. All applicants not selected by this board will be required to reapply as all packages from this selection board will be destroyed.
4. IAW REFS B and C, this message constitutes 4th MAW join and DIFOP approval authority for the selected officers. 4th MAW DIFOP approved effective with actual unit join, unless already a member of a 4th MAW squadron.
5. IAW REF D, PAR 11(A), naval aviators who have completed transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed.
6. Depending on the selectee's current component code the join process to 4th MAW will differ. Selectees will still need to work with their respective squadron to determine their exact Billet identification Code (BIC).
A. Active duty marines are advised to contact their career planner to facilitate Direct Affiliation Program (DAO) authorization utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
B. SMCR marines will use this message as their source document for their Inter-unit Transfer (IUT) request. After Marine Forces Reserve G1 approves the IUT, the losing commands will generate IUT orders to their respective VMR squadron.
C. IRR Marines are advised to contact their local Prior Service Recruiter for join processing utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
7. Administrative Guidance
A. OVERVIEW. Processing of orders for the approved training period requires the following: submission of training request package via CG, 4th MAW to approving authority from DC for Aviation, submission of a signed statement of understanding to CMC (RIT), submission of funding estimates to CMC (RAP) for each school seat by 4th MAW (G3) NLT 35 days from release of this message.
B. Submission and fund approval of orders via the Marine Reserve Order Writing System (MROWS)to CMC(RIT), and adjustment of the new MANDATORY DRILL STOP DATE (MDSD). Utilize the provided page 11 entry templates to acknowledge acceptance of contractual obligation associated with transition training.
C. 4th MAW is the only entity authorized to submit requests for this training for the SMCR personnel. CMC (RIT) is the only entity authorized to approve funding requests for this training. MARFORRES (MFR) G-1 is the only entity authorized to process MDSD'S upon completion of pilot training.
D. Requests will be submitted by unit commanders to transition approving authority via CG, 4th MAW G-3 Training.
E. Upon approval of the request, 4TH MAW G-3 training will notify the Officer's unit via approval endorsement.
F. The SMCR unit will:
(1) Create a page 11 entry utilizing paragraph (1)A acknowledging the required contractual obligation. The page 11 entry requires both the Marine's and the commanding officer signatures. Page 11 entry must be dated utilizing the date the marine acknowledged and accepted the approved training. Have the officer sign the appropriate page 11 entries below:
(A) TRANSITION: IAW MCO 1331.2K, PAR 11(A) (obligated service), naval aviators who complete aircraft transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
(2) Units are directed to utilize the applicable per diem rates available at the training site. Messing and lodging is directed, if available, at cost. Unit S-3 will contact the 4th MAW G-3 POC for training funding data.
(3) No less than 30 days from the reporting date of the approved transition training, the unit must submit a set of orders via MROWS. MROWS order requests will not be approved without the prior receipt of the Marines signed page 11 entry.
G. Upon completion of SMCR ACTIONS, CMC (RIT) will screen and approve the Marines orders request.
H. Upon completion of required training, the SMCR unit will submit an MDSD adjustment request along with a signed copy of the marines page 11 entry to MFR G-1 via their organizational mailbox at MFR_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. MFR G-1 will report and adjust the MDSD utilizing the date transition/conversion training was completed.
8. Naval aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and DIFDEN billets with other SMCR units. In addition, eligible naval aviators are reminded of the fiscal year 2019 SMCR Aviation Retention Bonus and the FY 2019 SMCR Unit Reserve Officer Retention Bonus, Forward Air Controller/Air Officer Retention Bonus. To learn more contact 4th maw g1 at commercial telephone (504)697-7788 or via e-mail at omb_4thMAW_manpower@usmc.mil. Names and locations of tactical squadrons seeking aviators follow: HMH-772/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711/ HMLA-773(Det A)/ JRB New Orleans, LA/ TEL: 504-940-4905/ HMLA-773(Det B)/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711/ HMLA-775/ MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 682-249-6972/ MATSG-42/SAU/ Pensacola, FL/ TEL: 850-240-8578/ VMFA-112/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2718/ VMFT-401/ MCAS Yuma, AZ/ TEL: 928-210-6547/ VMGR-234/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2901/ VMGR-452/ Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY/ TEL: 845-563-2905/ VMM-764/ MCAS Miramar, CA/ TEL: 682-309-1165/ VMM-774/ NAS Norfolk, VA/ TEL: 757-444-7818/ VMU-4/ Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 760-763-4968/
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Steven R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//