R 021650Z MAY 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/2ND QUARTER COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGE//
POC/DELAIR LOUIS/MAJ/HQMC, CDD/TEL: (703) 784-2283/ EMAIL: LOUIS.DELAIR@USMC.MIL//
POC/STEENBERGE RYAN/CAPT/MCWL/TEL: (703) 939-4853/ EMAIL: RYAN.STEENBERGE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message serves to announce the winners and finalists of the 2nd Quarter FY-19 CMC Innovation Challenge. The Logistics Combat Element Integration Division received a total of 76 innovative proposals submitted by Marines from across the Marine Corps. The chosen winners and finalists will now have the opportunity to work with partner organizations to develop strategies for the continued advancement of their ideas.
2. Winners were chosen by popular vote among the project sponsors based on the relevance, potential for development, and interest within the logistics innovation community of interest.
3. Winner and Finalist Way Ahead. All projects listed within this MARADMIN should be considered to be of significant interest to HQMC. Each will formulate an independent advancement Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) in conjunction with their identified sponsor. Challenge winners and finalists will continue to work toward further development, testing, and potentially implementing their ideas.
4. The Innovation Challenge winners.
4.a. William Cunningham, Capt, Energy Training Exercise (ETX) Expeditionary Warfare School (EWS), Expeditionary Energy Office (E2O).
4.b. Brendan Carroll, Capt, ETX, EWS, E2O
4.c. Madison Carroll, Capt, ETX, EWS, E2O.
5. The Innovation Challenge runner ups.
5.a. Matthew Neely, Maj, EABO Support MOSs Fuel Forage Kit and Modular Bladders, Training and Education Command (TECOM), Next Generation Logistics (NEXTLOG).
5.b. Robert OBerg, EABO Support MOSs Fuel Forage Kit and Modular Bladders, EWS, E2O.
5.c. Sharon Rollins, Capt, Resilient Installations, EWS, NEXTLOG.
5.d. Nathan Shubick, Capt, Resilient Installations, EWS, NEXTLOG.
5.e. Michael Patterson, Capt, Resilient Installations, EWS, NEXTLOG.
6. The Innovation Challenge finalists.
6.a. Daniel Padron, MSgt, GCSS-MC 3D PRINTING, 23rd Marines (Mar), NEXTLOG.
6.b. Jairo Patino, SSgt, The Fourth Industrial Revolution, Marine Aviations Logistics Squadron 36, Marine Corps Logistics Command.
6.c. Ryan McCormic, 1stLt, Additive Manufacturing Source of Supply, 2nd Battalion (Bn) 7th Mar, NEXTLOG.
6.d. Ryan McCormic, 1stLt, Smart Logistics for Maintenance, 2nd Bn 7th Mar, Office of Naval Research (ONR).
6.e. Matthew Neely, Maj, Forage Water from Air, TECOM, NEXTLOG.
6.f. Ryan McCormic, 1stLt, Integrated Vehicle, 2nd Bn 7th Mar, ONR.
6.g. Scott Miller, Capt, Bulk Liquid Sustainment and Distribution, II Marine Expeditionary Force, E2O.
6.h. Dana Demer, LtCol, Hybrid Supply Chain Model, Combat Logistics Bn 4, Marine Corps Logistics Command (MCLC).
6.i. Brandon Turner, Maj, Predictive Logistics, MARFORSOC, MCLC.
6.j. Gregory Snyder, Capt, ACSA App, Combat Development and Integration, NEXTLOG.
6.k. Matthew Neely, Maj, Advanced Road/Airfield/HLZ Polymer, TECOM, NEXTLOG.
6.l. Ryhs Miller, Cpl, Tactical Bio-metric Vest, CLB 453, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory.
6.m. Brandon Turner, Maj, Laser Designated- JPADS, MARFORSOC, NEXTLOG.
6.n. Andrew Eckert, Maj, Energy Chain Resiliency - Planning, School of Advanced Warfare, E2O.
6.o. Robert O'Berg, Capt, Hydro-Acoustic Wave Generation and EABO, ONR.
6.p. Warren Leong, LtCol, Automation and Robotics, MWHS 1, MCLC.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General D. H. Berger, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//