R 291500Z MAY 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 JOINT WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
OR A. N. WILLIAMSON/CPL (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: ALYISSA.WILLIAMSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2019 Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) will be held August 21 – 23, 2019 at the DC Convention Center, Washington, DC. HQMC M&RA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all travel expenses.
2. JWLS is a non-profit organization in the United States dedicated to providing professional development through networking, education, and mentorship of women from all three maritime armed forces – the United States Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. JWLS is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at http:(slash)(slash)www.sealeader.org/.
3. Subject to conference approval, Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to their unit. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized. Commands are not authorized to use command funding for rental cars.
4. To attend this event please email (via your OIC) your name, rank, unit, and duty station to the POCs.
5. Uniform of the day: Service C.
6. If you have DTS questions, please contact your local DTS office or visit their website at www.defensetravel.dod.mil.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen W. H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//