R 071759Z JUN19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/CONVENING OF THE FY19 RESERVE INTERSERVICE TRANSFER BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT//
NARR/NARR/REFERENCE A IS DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY (DON) INTERSERVICE TRANSFER OF COMMISSIONED OFFICERS INSTRUCTION. REFERENCE B IS TRANSMISSION AND FILING OF DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) MARADMIN. REFERENCE C IS DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY (DON) PERSONNEL SECURITY PROGRAM (PSP) INSTRUCTION. REFERENCE D IS THE MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL. REFERENCE E IS FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) RESERVE OFFICER RETENTION BONUS (RORB) AND FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER (FAC)/AIR OFFICER RETENTION BONUS. REFERENCE F IS ANNOUNCEMENT OF FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) OFFICER RETENTION BOARD NUMBER 2.//
POC/S. B. SIMMONS/MAJ/UNIT: RESERVE AFFAIRS/-/TEL: COMM 703-784-9746/DSN 278-9746/EMAIL: STEPHEN.B.SIMMONS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the convening of the FY19 Reserve Interservice Transfer (IST) Board, to be held in conjunction with the with the FY19 Officer Retention Board (ORB) number 2. Officers in other services who wish to IST into the Reserve Component of the Marine Corps will be considered by this board. The Reserve IST board will convene on or about 31 July 2019.
2. Reserve Interservice Transfers
a. Eligible officers. Per reference (a), Reserve officers on the Reserve Active Status List (RASL) of other services are eligible to apply for transfer to the Reserve Component of the Marine Corps. Cross component transfer requests (Active Duty List to RASL) will not be considered and will be returned without action. Recommendations for ISTs will be based solely on specific skill, experience, and needs of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR).
b. Ineligible officers.
(1) Warrant and restricted officers are not eligible to apply to the IST board.
(2) Captains (O3) in zone for major (O4), majors (O4), lieutenant colonels (O5) and colonels (O6) are not eligible to apply for IST due to seniority.
(3) Applicants not meeting the requirements of reference (a) will not be considered.
(4) Applicants requiring a waiver from the eligibility guidelines in reference (d) will not be considered.
c. Eligible MOSs are identified in paragraph 2a of reference (e). Aviators are also eligible for IST.
d. Application process. Officers applying for IST should submit applications in accordance with reference (b) and the instructions below. All applicants must ensure their package includes a cover letter and all of the following:
(1) IST packages will be prepared per the detailed instructions in reference (a), through a Marine Corps Prior Service Recruiter. Interviews will be conducted by the potential hiring Commanding Officer or Inspector-Instructor of the prospective SMCR unit in which the applicant will affiliate if the IST is approved.
(2) All applicants must possess a conditional release valid through December 2019 showing proof that their current service will release them if selected by the Marine Corps for IST.
(3) Photograph in their current service uniform (equivalent to the Marine Corps service "C"). The photograph must meet the requirements of reference (b) to include the applicant's name, date photo was taken(within the 12 months prior to the board), applicant's rank and date of rank, applicant's height/weight, and validation/verification from current command authority.
(4) A Marine Corps physical fitness test (PFT) conducted and certified by a Marine staff non-commissioned officer or officer within the last calendar year prior to the convening date of the IST board.
(5) A Marine Corps combat fitness test (CFT) conducted and certified by a Marine staff non-commissioned officer or officer within the last calendar year prior to the convening date of the IST board.
(6) Certified true copies of all fitness reports (performance evaluations) via paper copies or CD.
(7) Source of commission verification.
(8) Original copy of report of medical examination (DD Form 2808).
(9) Original copy of current report of medical history (DD Form 2807).
(10) A verified statement of service.
(11) A security clearance meeting the requirements of reference (c) verified via a letter endorsed by the Marine Forces Reserve Security Management Office.
(12) Aviator applications must contain the record of flight status and flight hours, and be positively endorsed by CMC (ASM-52). Aviator applicants must submit an aviation summary and provide any record of mishaps, to include the Field Flight Performance Board (or equivalent) determinations or Voluntary Terminations of Orders to Duty in a Flight Status.
(13) All Reserve IST applications must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps, Reserve Affairs via Headquarters, Marine Corps Recruiting Command no later than 2359 on 24 July 2019.
3. Coordinating instructions.
a. The names of all officers recommended for IST will be released by MARADMIN upon SECNAV approval.
b. All officers selected for IST are required to confirm acceptance or declination through written correspondence (email or AA form) within 45 days after the release of the selection MARADMIN. The actual due date will be published in a MARADMIN announcing the results of the Reserve IST board. Failure to respond by the due date will be considered a declination.
c. All officers selected for IST to a billet in the SMCR are required to attend The Basic School, followed by the appropriate primary military occupational specialty (MOS) producing school. Selectees will incur a 36 month contractual obligation to the gaining unit upon completion of the appropriate primary MOS producing school.
d. Officers selected for Reserve IST will be contacted following final SECDEF confirmation by Reserve Affairs Division, Headquarters Marine Corps under separate correspondence to coordinate assignment to The Basic School and other additional schooling (as required) prior to administrative join to the prospective SMCR unit.
4. Applications will be forwarded to Headquarters Marine Corps, Reserve Affairs from the recruiter via Marine Corps Recruiting Command.
5. The Reserve IST point of contact is: Major Stephen Simmons, RA-RAM, 703-784-9746.
6. Release authorized by Col J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//