2019 MARINE CORPS EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Date Signed: 6/11/2019
MARADMINS Number: 336/19
R 111814Z JUN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2019 MARINE CORPS EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD//
POC/L.REED/UNIT:MFB/-/TEL: 703-784-9049/EMAIL: LINDSAY.REED@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To seek nominations for the 2nd Annual Marine Corps Exceptional Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Victim Advocate (VA) of the Year Award.
2. The award recipient will receive Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) recognition and be featured on Marine Corps Community Service web pages, SAPR Snapshot, and official Marine Corps social media.
3. Sexual Assault Response Coordinators and commanders are encouraged to nominate a military or civilian SAPR VA whose accomplishments within the last 12 months have been particularly noteworthy, beyond the regular duties of a SAPR VA, and demonstrate outstanding support of the SAPR Program and/or people who experienced sexual assault.
4. Nominee must meet the following eligibility requirements:
4.A. SAPR VA in good standing for the last 12 months
4.B. SAPR VA SharePoint access
4.C. Current appointment letter
4.D. USMC 40-hour VA certificate
4.E. Current Department of Defense Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program certification
4.F. If a nominee changes duty stations or transfers during the award timeframe, the overall component or organization headquarters can still consider that nominee for the award.
5. Nomination packet must include the following:
5.A. Narrative of the nominee’s exceptional work, which should be no longer than two single-spaced pages, 8.5 in. x 11 in. pages, 1 in. margin, 12-point font. All acronyms must be spelled out. The narrative should include the submitter’s title, affiliation, and email and mailing addresses, in case award reviewers have questions regarding the narrative. As part of the narrative, the following questions should be addressed, as appropriate:
5.A.1. What has the nominee accomplished on behalf of Service Members, to include training or education of Service Members on sexual assault prevention and response? How are those accomplishments unique and original?
5.A.2. What has the nominee done on behalf of people who are sexually assaulted? How are those accomplishments unique and original?
5.A.3. What impacts have the nominee’s efforts had on his or her respective organization?
5.A.4. How have the actions of the nominee influenced attitudes, policies, or practices in victim services?
5.A.5. How has the nominee’s work brought about change in new or nontraditional areas of sexual assault assistance within the military environment?
5.A.6. How have the nominee’s efforts contributed to fostering closer collaboration between the SAPR program and other stakeholders?
5.B. Nominee’s full name, email address, and a digital copy (jpeg format) of the official SAPR VA photograph.
5.C. Submitter’s title, affiliation, and email address.
5.D. Endorsement by the first general officer in the chain of command. Endorsement above the first general officer is not required.
6. Nominations are due to HQMC SAPR by Friday, 2 August 2019. Email submissions to email@example.com.
7. This MARADMIN is cancelled 2 August 2020.
8. Release authorized by Marie Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//