R 131945Z JUN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FY19 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR (EOA) OF THE YEAR AWARD//
AMPN/REF A IS MPE LETTER OF INSTRUCTION FOR EOA OF THE YEAR AWARD//
POC/M. L. CHADWICK/CAPT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/MICHELLE.CHADWICK@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. E. RAINES/GS13/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/ROBERT.RAINES@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. J. SHARPE/MSGT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/MECHELLE.SHARPE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY19 CMC Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) of the Year Award.
2. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will convene the FY19 EOA of the Year Award board on or about 9 August 2019. Marines nominated for the EOA of the Year will have demonstrated sustained superior performance that significantly and positively impacted their commanding general or commanders equal opportunity programs.
3. Applications must be submitted to the MPE POC no later than 15 July 2019. Selection results will be published in August by MARADMIN.
4. Incomplete packages will not be considered, all nominees must meet the following criteria:
a. Actively serving EOA with current AMOS/BMOS of 0147.
b. List of completed skill enhancing courses during the reporting period.
c. Display sustained superior performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
d. Meet all reenlistment requirements.
5. All packages must at a minimum contain the following information:
a. Nomination letter from the command that includes a resume of qualifications and the significant contributions of the
b. Nomination letter endorsed by the first General Officer within the chain of command.
c. An updated digital promotion photograph.
d. A one page biography.
e. A copy of nominees Basic Individual Record and Basic Training Record.
6. The Marine selected as the EOA of the Year will be recognized during the EOA Symposium. The date and location for the award ceremony will be announced in August by MARADMIN.
7. Release authorized by Brigadier General W. H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//