R 011306Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 BLACKS IN GOVERNMENT NATIONAL TRAINING INSTITUTE CONFERENCE//
POC/M.J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL OR A.N. WILLIAMSON/CPL/(MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ALYISSA.WILLIAMSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2019 Blacks in Government (BIG) National Training Institute (NTI) conference from 5-8 August 2019 at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas Hotel, 400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201.
2. The Blacks in Government NTI is a nationwide response to train and develop individuals into subject matter experts so they will be able to perform the critical tasks of providing services to the general public. Areas of training include technology, health care, science, equal employment opportunity, acquisition, financial management, project management, retirement planning, homeland security, and many other service-based functions necessary for the general welfare of the citizenry, and inclusive of programs and benefits.
3. Subject to approval, CMC (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all travel expenses. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to Marine units to attend. All Marine Corps funded participation will be coordinated through the HQMC M&RA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE). Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized.
4. To attend this event please email (via your OIC) your name, rank, unit, and duty station to the POC. More information can be found on the BIG website at www.bignet.org.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. BIG is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. Release authorized by SES M. R. Strobl, Deputy Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division//