R 021857Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 54TH NATIONAL MONTFORD POINT MARINE ASSOCIATION CONVENTION//
POC/M.J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2019 54th National Montford Point Marine Association (NMPMA), Incorporated Convention from 29-31 August 2019 at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, 2800 Coliseum Centre Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28217. Lieutenant General Vincent R. Stewart (USMC, Ret.), former U.S. Cyber Command Deputy Commander, will be the guest speaker during the awards banquet on 30 August 2019.
2. The mission of the NMPMA is “to promote and preserve the strong bonds of friendship born from shared adversities and to devote ourselves to the furtherance of these accomplishments to ensure more peaceful times.”
3. CMC (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all related travel expenses. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to their units. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation must coordinate through the HQMC MRA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE). Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized.
4. Marines not funded by MPE may register using their personal funds by accessing the Montford Point Marine Association website, or by contacting the convention director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-202-8552. The registration fee is 525 dollars. Commanders are encouraged to authorize special liberty or leave for Marines to attend. Marines in a special liberty and/or leave status will be required to pay their own per diem, travel expenses, and registration fees.
5. Marines may contact the MPE POC to obtain conference reservations NLT 6 Aug 19.
6. The uniform of the day for Marines attending the conference is Service “C” with ribbons. The uniform for the awards banquet is Evening Dress Blue “B” or Service “A”.
7. NMPMA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on the NMPMA website at www.montfordpointmarines.org.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by SES M. R. Strobl, Deputy Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//