R 031337Z JUL 19
SUBJ/2019 COMMANDERS MEDIA TRAINING SYMPOSIUM//
POC/RANDOLPH/CAPT//CMC WASHINGTON DC CD/ TEL: 410-507-9502/EMAIL: COLLEEN.RANDOLPH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Communication Directorate- New York (CDNY) will host the annual Commanders' Media Training Symposium in Manhattan, New York, NY from 09-13 September 2019.
2. This symposium will impart and empower commanders with critical skill sets necessary for leaders to understand the demands of the modern informationand media environment by providing exclusive access to some of the world's most reputable news organizations, international media outlets and emerging media corporations. This symposium offers Commanders and Executive Officersin leadership billets with experiential communication training. Interaction with experienced, professional news media representatives provides unique perspectives in understanding the local, national and international media landscape and how to best position their commands (and the individual commander)for relative success within this challenging and contested domain. Information panels, media discussions, participatory exercises, and guest speaker presentations are scheduled at media-venues throughout New York City.
3. Participant Audience. Current O-5, O-6 commanders or those selected for command; Executive Officers may attend in the absence of the commander. Commanders are highly encouraged to bring their command CommStrat Officers (CSO).
4. Registration. Nominees must submit registration requests NLT 09 August 2019 via e-mail to email@example.com. Provide full name, grade, MOS, current military address, work phone, mobile phone, e-mail address, present command assignment, and estimated rotation date. Should the number of requests exceed capacity, they will be prioritized in the order received. Communication Directorate will notify those approved NLT 20 August 2019.
5. Funding. All training and travel costs are funded by the participant's parent command. Government Travel Charge Cards must be used for official travel. No disbursing or transportation assistance is available on site. Rental vehicles are highly discouraged due to lack of parking and traffic conditions. Public transportation is the optimal form of transportation in NYC and will be coordinated by symposium staff.
6. Uniform. The uniform of the day is Dress Blue Delta for all symposium activities.
7. Billeting. Individual travelers are responsible for all billeting arrangements in Manhattan. POC in paragraph (11) will publish a list of recommended billeting arrangements upon selection.
8. Training. The Symposium will be held in a central location; however participants will also visit other corporate and national media organizations throughout Manhattan. Training begins promptly at 0900 on 09 September 2019, and will conclude at 1700 on 13 September 2019.
9. Symposium Material. A "Welcome Aboard" packet, which will include read-ahead content, itinerary, Letter of Instruction and other coordinating information will be distributed via e-mail to all attendees. Participants are highly encouraged to familiarize themselves with all content and discuss with unit CommStrat Officer prior to arrival.
10. Point of contact is Capt Colleen Randolph at 410-507-9502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.//
11. Release authorized by Col Ricardo Player, Director of Communication//