R 081544Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION OF APPLICATIONS FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2020-2022 MARINE CORPS RESEVE POLICY BOARD (MCRPB)//
REF/A/USC/10 USC SECTION 10304//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS THE STATUE GOVERNING THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD, REFERENCE B IS THE NATIONAL NAVY AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARDS (NNRPB) AND (MCRPB), REFERENCE C IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD//
POC/KAYS, A.B./LTCOL/MMP/-/TEL: 703-693-0242/EMAIL:
POC/MASON, J.R./MAJ/CMC RAP-1/COMM 703-784-9138/JOSEPH.MASON@USMC.MIL//
POC/FRAZIER, S.J./SGT/CMC RAP-1/COMM 703-784-9138/STORM.FRAZIER@USMC.MIL
RMKS/1. Purpose. To solicit applications for membership to the CY20-CY22 MCRPB. All submitted applications will be considered and voted on during the CY19 fall meeting in order to fill vacated positions for the CY20-CY22 MCRPB. The CY19 MCRPB is scheduled to convene in the National Capital Region during September 2019. Selectees are announced after the selections are approved by the Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.
2. Background. The MCRPB is mandated per reference (a) to consider, recommend, and report to the Secretary of the Navy on Reserve policy matters. Per reference (b), the MCRPB is required to meet once annually at the seat of government. Subsequent meetings throughout the year are determined by the Chairman of the Board, as required. Membership of the MCRPB will be composed of qualified individuals of the Ready Reserve (Active Reserve, Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, and Individual Ready Reserve) as well as the Active Component who possess a wide range of experience. The board consists of 18 members, 14 Officers and 4 Enlisted. Reference (c) contains additional information regarding the eligibility criteria for new members.
3. Eligibility Requirements.
a. The board is seeking between two and four nominees. One nominee shall be enlisted and be between the rank of Sergeant Major (SgtMaj) to Gunnery Sergeant (GySgt). The remaining nominees shall be officers between the rank of Colonel (Col) and Captain (Capt) or between the rank of Chief Warrant Officer 5 (W-5) and Chief Warrant Officer 2 (W-2).
b. The Board Chair requests Commanders encourage qualified candidates with experience and knowledge of Reserve policy matters to apply.
c. All members serve for a three year period and should have a minimum of three years of service eligibility remaining.
d. If selected to the board, membership begins 1 January 2020 and expires on 31 December 2022.
e. Candidates must be available to physically attend the MCRPB annual meeting which is held in the National Capital Region for one week each fall. CMC (RA) is responsible for funding Active Duty Operational Support orders for MCRPB members attending.
4. Application Process.
a. Deadline for submitting applications is 2359EST 12 August 2019.
b. The submission survey can be accessed at the following link: https:(slash)(slash)surveys.max.gov/index.php/survey/index/sid/411984/newtest/Y/lang/en
c. Requirements for submitting a completed package include: a letter to the Board from the member, a Reserve Qualification Summary (RQS), and a Command Endorsement. You will find a template within the survey that will help facilitate getting this accomplished. Completed packages are to be submitted through the survey.
d. Command Endorsement. Marines serving in the SMCR, AR, or AC are required to submit an O-6 level Command endorsement by their command/organization as part of the package. An IMA Operational Sponsor endorsement is required for members assigned within the IMA program. Marines in the Individual Ready Reserve are not required to provide an endorsement.
5. Selection results will be announced by MARADMIN approximately sixty days after the conclusion of the board proceedings.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Questions concerning the MCRPB can be directed to the POCs above.
8. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//