R 111749Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA UC//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD ONE RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD:20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD:20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 6100.13A w/CH1 C 469/YMD:20190313//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 347/19/YMD:20190617//
REF/H/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD:20100908//
REF/I/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1524.1 MMOA-3/YMD:20190530//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER (E-O) COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MCO 6100.13A W/CH1 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS. REF (D) IS MARADMIN 347/19 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FY20 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (E) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL MASTER PROJECTION PLAN FISCAL YEAR 2020. REF (F) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (G) IS THE FALL 2019 OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) CLASS DATES, CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION AND REQUIREMENTS. REF (H) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (I) IS THE MARINE CORPS GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commanding General Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG MCRC), by direction of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per refs (a) through (e), all selected Marines will be scheduled to a 10-week Officer Candidates Class (OCC). Officer Candidates School (OCS) scheduling will be made by MCRC when notified of the selectees medical qualification by the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) or the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (NAMI).
Abarca, Jose R, 3529
Arroyo, Jamil J. 6541
Austin, Theodore C. 3043
Bandstra, Justin D. 0231
Beesley, Dana C . 4531
Borshard, Connor J. 6252
Bradshaw, Dillon F. 0365
Bryner, Brock G. 0844
Carrigan, Briana A. 3043
Carter, Kevin M. 5811
Chartrand, Ethan Z. 0411
Collier, Cory F. 6153
Feise, Dustin C. 0365
Flammia, Bryan M. 3043
Follett, Samuel J. 2841
Garces, Cristian D. 6672
Garcia, Robert 0631
Graham, Zachary J. 5711
Hardy, Travis C. 0331
Hickey, Charles F. 0369
King Jr., Carl D. 4531
Kinne, Joshua W. 6176
Korsunsky, Alexander V. 0621
Kottwitz, Cassinda N. 6541
Lee, Seung W. 7314
Loder, Dylan M. 0671
Long, Cambrea L. 7257
Mckibben, Barrett C. 0231
Minnehan, Daniel D. 0311
Montanez, Tomas 0111
Nightingale, Benjamin J. 0231
O'Connor, Shannon I. 1371
O'Reilly III, Robert J. 0311
Perez, Arturo B. 5711
Ramos, Luis A. 3052
Ramos, Patrick J. 0231
Rawlins, Kim A. 6048
Rodriguez, Rico S. 6153
Sager, Robert T. 6212
Seguraperez, Daniel O. 0231
Shaw, Branden L. 6116
Smeltz, Daniel M. 7242
Soto, Zachart A. 0311
Stokes, Gilbert T. 6256
Valentine II, Charles E. 0369
Walker, Grant J. 0231
Warren, Darius L. 3043
Watts Jr., Ronald 5811
Wormington, Andrew G. 2831
Edwards, Ryan L. 6048
Gilbert, Joshua D. 6324
Glanzmann, Christopher J.6073
Hale, Joshua A. 0511
Kemp, William H. 0352
Levine, Christopher F. 2641
Mancuso, Andrea M. 0111
Mayorga, Bryan 6324
Meyer, Steven A. 6173
Pargin, Elleri L. 1371
Rasmussen, Gregory 6541
Smith, Stephen C. 2847
St Clair, Zachary D. 0351
Taggart, Sean M. 0311
Vue, Sounchai 0861
2. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to ref (a) chapter one. For more information and career counseling, call DSN 278-9241 or commercial (703) 784-9241 or 1-(800)-833-2320 or visit their website at www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select top requests then Enlisted Career Counselors. Reasons for non-selection cannot be provided by MCRC or the career counselors; however, career counselors can evaluate the Marines official military personnel file (OMPF) to help gain insight on improving their competitiveness. Marines and Commands who would like to receive a copy of board statistics must send an email request to the MCRC point of contact (POC) in paragraph 16.
3. Parent Commands of selected Marines must ensure any page 11 submitted with the Marines application are run in their OMPF. Commands must also ensure all selected Marines have an adjudicated security clearance prior to attending OCS per ref (a) chapter one.
4. To ensure your Marine is prepared for this next chapter in their careers, Commands will assign a Company Grade Officer within your command as a mentor within one week of release of this MARADMIN. This Marine Officer should assist with a physical training regimen that will prepare the Marine for the rigorous demands of OCS. Additionally, the Marine Officer will mentor the Officer Candidate to ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as a Company Grade Officer. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select Units, then OCS or TBS. The OCS Physical Training Preparation Pack is listed at www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select Units than OCS. Review candidate information. Further links for academics preparation and overall OCS curriculum are also on the OCS web page.
5. POC information. Marines are directed to send their current POC information electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 16 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 17, within one week from release of this MARADMIN. Email subject line must read “last name (Program) Select POC information”. Marines are directed to use the Enlisted to Officer select POC information sample on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select Marine Officer, then Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants. The E-O select POC information sample is located under General Forms. Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signature. An update must be provided if there are any changes to the original POC sheet. Marines are directed to provide POC information for each level of their administrative endorsing chain of command as directed on the POC sheet. Marines are also directed to notify their primary military occupational specialty monitor of their selection and provide the MARADMIN number that references their name as a select.
6. Selected Active Reserve (AR) Marines must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planner to coordinate the augmentation per ref (d).
7. Commanders and Marines. Refer to ref (a) chapter one for information pertaining to status change or removal recommendations. Formal requests for OCS deferments, declinations, or removal from the program must be forwarded in standard naval correspondence format via the administrative endorsing chain of command through the General Officer level, to CG, MCRC. Marines are directed to forward a courtesy copy of the initial request with parent command endorsement electronically to MCRC POC in paragraph 16 pending receipt of all endorsements. With the exception of a medical situation, all selectees are required to attend OCS within one year of selection. If a selectee is not scheduled for OCS within one year, the selectee will be disenrolled from their respective program.
8. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED for ground physicals or NAMI for aviation physicals per ref (f), before MCRC will schedule them to attend OCS. BUMED and NAMI are the authorizing authorities for determining Marines medically qualified to attend OCS. Both BUMED and NAMI require a minimum of 30 days to process medical documentation effective upon the release of the selection MARADMIN, to make a determination. Marines requiring additional medical documentation will be contacted by the MCRC POC. Commands and Marines are not authorized to contact or forward any medical documentation directly to BUMED. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Marines are not guaranteed to attend the OCS class that aligns with the board they were selected on. Refer to ref (a), Commanders Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities. All selected and deferred Marines will be notified by the MCRC POC once a medical determination of physical qualification or physical disqualification has been made by either BUMED or NAMI. Marines that sustain an injury prior to reporting to OCS, must immediately contact the MCRC POC in paragraph 16 and provide supporting medical documents to injury sustained. Questions pertaining only to the requirement for additional medical documentation as requested by BUMED or NAMI should be directed to the MCRC medical reviewer at (703) 784-9426. Additional medical documentation requested must be forward directly to the MCRC POC in paragraph 16.
9. Pre OCS information.
a. Commanders and Marines are directed to use the OCS website referenced in paragraph four and the MCRC website referenced in paragraph five of this MARADMIN. For the OCS website, select the "Candidates Information" to prepare for OCS, and for pertinent OCS information.
b. Marines are directed to use refs (c) and (g) and the OCS website listed in paragraph four for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress code, required gear, grooming, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, physical fitness test (PFT) scoring, and fitness preparation.
c. OCC 232 convenes 7 September 2019. All selects listed in this MARADMIN and deferred Marines that have been notified by MCRC POC to attend OCC 232 are directed to submit the 13 March 2019 version of the pre-ship checklist located on the MCRC website, to the MCRC POC in paragraph 15 by 7 August 2019. Officers in Charge and Marines are to ensure all information on pre-ship checklist is completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentage, and signatures. Marines who are over the max weight will submit full length color photos in physical training (PT) gear (green shorts-green t-shirt) from each body angle (both sides-front-back). PT shirt and shorts for females and PT shorts no shirt for males. Marines who are not in receipt of OCS orders will mark "no" for question 25 and state "awaiting medical qualification and/or funding."
d. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for shipping and inducting into OCS. Pre-ship PFTs must be taken no earlier than 7 July 2019, and no later than 7 August 2019, and annotated in the PFT portion of checklist. This requirement supercedes the requirement stated in ref (g). Below are the additional PFT event requirements for males and females.
(1) Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
(2) Push ups minimum is 62 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) 3 miles run minimum is 24 mins
(1) Pull ups minimum is by age as listed below:
(a) 17-20 - 1
(b) 21-25 - 3
(c) 26-30 - 4
(d) 31-35 - 3
(2) Push ups minimum is 34 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) 3 miles run minimum is 27 mins
Commanders please ensure the Marines PFT information is within the above requirements prior to submission of checklist. Marines who do not meet the above requirements are not eligible to report to scheduled OCC and will be disenrolled from their respective program. Do not send checklists to OCS POC in paragraph 17.
e. All "yes" answers to questions 4 through 9 on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC at time of application must include the signed applicable form and signed detailed handwritten statement explaining events, to include supporting documentation per ref (d).
f. Question 30 does not apply if you have an active security clearance that is adjudicated. Marines who do not have an adjudicated clearance cannot report to OCS until the clearance has been adjudicated as directed per chapter one of ref (a).
10. Funding. Selected Marines and Marines deferred from previous boards determined medically qualified by BUMED will be notified of their medical qualification by the MCRC POC. Upon notification, a funding letter will be provided with additional guidance to the scheduled Marines to submit to their parent commands for issuance of Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. Questions concerning funding, should not be directed to MCRC but rather to the POC email located in the funding letter or the Marines Defense Travel System (DTS) administrator. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component before a funding letter can be provided. RECP and MCP-R deferred Marines from previous boards determined medically qualified by BUMED will be notified by MCRC POC and should then contact Reserve Affairs (RAM) at commercial (703) 784-9136 or email email@example.com for orders-writing instructions. Within one week of receiving funding letter, all scheduled Marines are directed to forward electronically to the MCRC POC in paragraph 15, one of the following regardless of the status of their orders:
a. a copy of tentative flight itinerary to and from OCS from the government travel agency (provide updated itinerary once approved) or
b. respond "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or "drop off to OCS".
Once orders are approved, scheduled Marines will provide to the MCRC POC in paragraph 15 one of the following:
a. Marines on non-local funded travel must provide a copy of approved DTS orders or DD Form 1610 with the Training and Education Command line of accounting in accounting classification or
b. Marines on local non-funded travel must provide command endorsed orders.
All above information must be received to MCRC POC in paragraph 16 no later than five days prior to reporting to OCS.
11. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent commands or directed duty station. All claims for travel reimbursement must be completed within five days upon return to parent command or directed duty station. ECPs, RECPs, and MCP-Rs will receive their orders for TBS prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent command or directed duty station and are directed to submit their TBS checklist to MCRC POC in paragraph 16 no later than 30 days prior to their TBS report date. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester start outlined in ref (d), the MCRC POC will request via Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) permanent change of station (PCS) or permanent change of assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. Acceptance letters received close to the end of the fiscal year or in the event of a government shutdown, may experience a delay in orders due to funding restrictions. Upon submission of a school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS or PCA orders to the NROTC-affiliated school directed. Orders will not be requested if the timeframe from receipt of acceptance letter to MCRC and the NROTC-affiliated no later than date provided at OCS by MCRC POC is not a minimum of 60 days. Exceptions to this policy will not be made except for PCA moves or extenuating medical circumstances. Supporting documentation must be submitted for review and approval. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves prior to being issued orders. MECEPs refer to refs (a) and (h) for obligated service and pertinent information. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/extensions per ref (h) should be directed to MMEA-1 at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their desired NROTC-affiliated school listed at website www.nrotc.navy.mil for introductions. MECEPS are not authorized to attend listed NROTC schools on above website that annotate Registered Nurse (RN) option only or Navy option only. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate school. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves to transfer to another college or university from which originally ordered without prior approval from MCRC. Only NROTC-affiliated schools will be accepted. Waivers to attend non-NROTC-affiliated schools are not authorized.
12. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS, the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are disenrolled and do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent commands or directed duty station. MCRC POC will provide official notification of disenrollment with next course of action upon receipt of official disenrollment package from OCS.
c. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, unless sooner dropped for cause, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The Commanding Officer (CO), OCS, is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for cause during any phase of training. The CO, OCS, can only recommend an OCS classes for E-O applicants that are disenrolled from OCS however, CG MCRC, is the final adjudicating official.
13. Officer candidates must ensure prior to departing OCS that they obtain their medical records and record books (if applicable).
14. Post TBS information.
a. The Commandant's Education Board, which selects Marine Officers to attend graduate school between the grades of first lieutenant and major, requires Marines to have qualifying calculus and science classes for selection to certain programs (e.g. Naval Postgraduate School, Air Force Institute of Technology, and DARPA Fellowships). For this reason, MECEP students are highly encouraged to pursue degrees within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculums in order to qualify for these graduate education and fellowship opportunities. Marines who pursue non-STEM degrees are likewise encouraged to take calculus I and II and calculus-based science classes to qualify for selection to these programs in the future. Refer to ref (i) for more information.
15. As a reminder and per ref (d), the next selection board application deadline is 17 June 2019. The FY20 board two will convene 9 September 2019. Extensions for submissions of application will no longer be accepted past the deadline date. Commands and Marines that do not meet the deadline date must submit for the next available board. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Program requirements must be met prior to application submission.
16. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN for telephone number or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. The OCS POC is Student Activities Section at commercial (703)784-3223, or email OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
18. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
19. This MARADMIN is cancelled 1 October 2019.
20. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//