R 251417Z JUN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY19 3RD QUARTER INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP) EXPERIENCE TRACK SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1520.11F/YMD: 20130327//
REF/B/DOC/DODD 1315.17/YMD: 20050428//
NARR/REF A PROVIDES POLICY GUIDANCE FOR THE INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP). REF B IS THE POLICY FOR MILITARY DEPARTMENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER (FAO) PROGRAMS. REF C IS MARADMIN 518/18, FY 2019 MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY BONUS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. REF D IS MARADMIN 521/16, MCBUL 7220 ANNOUNCING REVISED MCO 7220.52 FOR THE MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE BONUS PROGRAM.//
POC/1/FISHER, CLAYTON/CIV/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-0322/703-614-0322/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL.//
POC/2/CARACCIOLO, STEVEN/CTR/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-2184/703-692-2184/STEVEN.CARACCIOLO.CTR@USMC.MIL.//
POC/3/MORALES, RONAL/MGYSGT/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4366/703-692-4366/RONAL.MORALES@USMC.MIL.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the results of the FY19 3rd Quarter IAP Experience Track Panel. Based on their background, operational experience, and academic credentials, the below listed Marines are approved for the assignment of the Foreign Area Officer (FAO), Regional Affairs Officer (RAO), or Foreign Area SNCO (FAS) Additional Military Occupational Specialty (AMOS), as indicated below (read in seven columns):
Name Grade PMOS AMOS Desig Region Component
Bennett, S.P. O4 7566 8225 RAO Africa Reserve
Castiglione, J.C. O4 1302 8222 RAO Eurasia Active
Crave, W. O5 0202 8247 FAO Europe Active
Fultz, B.N. O5 0202 8222 RAO Eurasia Active
Fultz, B.N. O5 0202 8247 FAO Europe Active
Grader, N.J. O4 0302 8241 FAO LATAM Reserve
Grady, B.E. O3 0302 8223 RAO NE Asia Active
Grimison, J.G. O3 0402 8248 FAO SE Asia Active
Holmes, A.L. O4 0102 8224 RAO Middle East Active
Koob, E.G. O4 0202 8245 FAO Africa Active
Lee, S.K. O5 0402 8223 RAO NE Asia Active
Manasterli, N.K. E8 3361 8234 FAS Middle East Reserve
Nader, J.S. O3 0302 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Otten, T.D. O4 7509 8227 RAO Europe Reserve
Shea, E.J. O5 7563 8222 RAO Eurasia Reserve
Shea, E.J. O5 7563 8227 RAO Europe Reserve
Snipes, D.M. O4 0202 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Stevens, R.A. O4 7532 8247 FAO Europe Active
Thompson, J.R. O6 8041 8222 RAO Eurasia Reserve
Thompson, J.R. O6 8041 8244 FAO Middle East Reserve
Tweed, M.I. O4 0302 8223 RAO NE Asia Active
Yarnykh, V.Y. O4 7532 8242 FAO Eurasia Active
Yoder, B.A. O4 7563 8227 RAO Europe Active
2. Per ref A, MMOA-3 will make appropriate entries into the active duty officers permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
3. FAS Marines must request their respective Installation Personnel Administration Centers (IPAC) to make appropriate entries into their permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
4. Reserve component Marines must request their respective IPAC or command administration office to make appropriate entries.
5. Per ref A, Marines applying for a FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS are highlighting their availability to serve in international affairs and political-military billets when not serving in their primary MOS. Marines subsequently declining to serve in such billets will have their FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS administratively withdrawn. Per refs A and C, Marines with a FAO or FAS AMOS are required to maintain current minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) scores of 2/2/1+ or 1+/1+/1+(Reading/Listening/Speaking), respectively. Failure to maintain minimum scores will result in administrative withdrawal of the FAO or FAS AMOS. Per ref A, all Marines designated as FAOs, RAOs, or FASs are required to possess a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in order to facilitate their integration in MAGTF planning, operations, security cooperation, and intelligence efforts during future assignments within tactical, operational, and strategic-level Marine Corps staffs, joint and combined staffs, and for duty with interagency organizations. Those Marines who do not have a current SSBI will submit a request immediately. This MARADMIN serves as authority to initiate an SSBI.
6. Funding for language sustainment training may be available to Marines with the FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS. Submit requests to IAPmarine@usmc.mil.
7. Questions concerning the International Affairs Program can be directed to the POCs listed above.
8. Release authorized by Col Marcus B. Annibale, Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//