R 311557Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/2019 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISORS SYMPOSIUM//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO P5354.1DW/CH1//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND CONDUCT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE POLICY//
POC/M. L. CHADWICK/CAPT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/MICHELLE.CHADWICK@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. E. RAINES/CIV/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/ROBERT.RAINES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce and provide administrative instructions for the 2019 Equal Opportunity Advisors' (EOA) Symposium. The symposium will be held from 24-26 September 2019 (Travel dates are 23 and 27 September) at the SNCO Academy aboard MCB Quantico, VA in support of the continuing education for practicing EOAs.
2. The mission of the EOA is to inform, assist, and advise on all Command Climate and Prohibited Activities and Conduct (PAC) matters to Commanding Generals, Commanders, Supervisors and Managers concerning equal opportunity and readiness issues.
3. Attendance at the EOA Training Symposium is critical to receive updated and expansive training, professional development, improve and refine specific reporting knowledge and techniques, establish strong relationships, and address concerns unique to specific commands.
4. The symposium will be amplified through periods of instruction, panels, and guided discussions. Additional and specific agenda items will be sent via separate correspondence.
5. All actively serving EOAs are encouraged to attend. Command Equal Opportunity Managers (CEOM) and Equal Opportunity Representatives (EOR) must provide justification to their servicing EOA and receive approval to attend, as seating is limited.
6. Attending individuals are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
7. All TAD (M&IE, Lodging, and Transportation) and travel costs must be approved and funded by the parent command/organization. There is no fee to attend. HQMC will not provide funding.
8. Lodging information for those attendees outside the MCB Quantico area is provided below for planning purposes:
Liversedge Hall: Bldg. 15 – (703) 784-3149
Crossroads Inn: Bldg. 3019 – (703) 630-4444
9. Uniform for the summit is woodland MARPAT combat utility uniform.
10. Coordinating instructions will be provided via separate correspondence.
11. For any additional questions or guidance please contact the POCs listed in this MARADMIN.
12. Release authorized by BGen (sel) D. L. Shipley, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//