R 051222Z AUG 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY20 NROTC BILLET VACANCIES (PNS/XO/MOI)//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO/1300.8/YMD: 20140818//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/J.J. MCCAFFREY/MAJ/CMC WASHINGTON DC MMOA-3/TEL: (703)-784-9284//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to publish a list of Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) Professor of Naval Science (PNS), Executive Officer, and Marine Officer Instructor (MOI) billet vacancies for FY20.
2. NROTC units are an essential component in the training of prospective Naval and Marine Officers. Duty at NROTC units offers the opportunity to mentor, lead, and shape future officers. Officers desiring to serve in this capacity must be high caliber role models who possess strong academic and physical fitness skills. MOI duty regularly includes summer augmentation to OCS or CORTRAMID. Selections and assignments to NROTC/MOI duty will be made by a panel on or about 20 September 2019.
3. Eligibility. NROTC positions are 8006 (any unrestricted officer) billets and are open to all unrestricted military occupational specialties. Officers must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered:
3.a. Grade Eligibility. Different billets and universities require grades from captain to colonel. Paragraph 5 lists available billets with the required grade and special requirements.
3.b. Time on Station Requirements. As listed in the reference, officers who complete their prescribed tour lengths during FY20 will be eligible.
3.c. Time on Station Waivers. Officers may request in writing via AA form to be screened if they have not completed their prescribed tour length by FY20. Such requests must be endorsed by the first colonel in the chain of command. Commands should be aware that if an officer is allowed to depart his or her tour early, the billet may be gapped until the officer would have normally departed the unit unless inventory supports an early backfill.
3.d. Academics. Minimum requirement is a Bachelors Degree with a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average, waiverable at some schools to 2.5 if the record is otherwise outstanding. If a billet requires a Masters Degree, it will be listed under special requirements in paragraph 5.
3.e. Physical Fitness. High first class PFT recommended.
4. Officers interested in NROTC duty who meet the above eligibility criteria must submit the documents listed below as part of their package to MMOA-3 no later than 12 September 2019 to the below address: Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If unable to submit electronically, packages may be mailed to the below address: Mailing address: Commandant of the Marine Corps (MMOA-3)
Attn: NROTC/MOI Selection Panel
3280 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5103
4.a. The package must include:
(1) Personal statement. This is submitted in standard naval letter format from the Marine to CMC (MMOA). This is the officers opportunity to express in writing their personal strengths, desire to serve on NROTC duty, and duty station preferences. Applicants must include a prioritized list of all billets for which they are eligible to assist in the slating process.
(2) Command endorsement for captains (immediate chain of command: BN/SQDN or equivalent).
(3) One letter of recommendation.
4.b. In addition to the requirements above, the following documents must be submitted to MMRP-20 no later than 6 September 2019 to the following email address: email@example.com Indicate in the text of the email that the attachment (in PDF) is update material for the FY20 NROTC PANEL. All material forwarded to MMRP-20 for inclusion in the OMPF must contain the grade, full name, and EDIPI. Mailing address: Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps (MMRP-20)
2008 Elliot Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5030
4.b.1. Current photo. A current official photograph is required by the NROTC Selection Board. The photograph must be dated within 12 months of the convening of the board. Digital photographs are preferred and are to be electronically filed in the officers OMPF through MMRP.
4.b.2. Official College Transcripts. Official college transcripts are to be sent directly from the university or officer to MMRP-20 to be included in the officers OMPF. If legible college transcripts are already included in the officers OMPF, a duplicate submission is not required.
4.c. Every effort will be made to match selected officers with their preferences. However, by volunteering for NROTC duty, officers agree to be assigned to any available NROTC billet. All requests to decline selection after the release of the selection MARADMIN must be made via naval correspondence with command endorsement. All requests will be considered in the context of the needs of the Marine Corps for approval or disapproval. Requests for declination by officers who volunteered and were selected for NROTC duty will not normally receive favorable consideration. There is no deferral of NROTC/MOI selection.
5. Billet Vacancies
5.a. Marine Officer Instructor (MOI) vacancies:
UNIVERSITY MCC RANK NOTE
University of Arizona State H53 Capt
University of New Mexico H52 Capt
Iowa State University H30 Capt
University of Colorado H08 Capt
Oregon State University H64 Capt
University of Nebraska H50 Capt (1)
University of Minnesota H44 Capt (1)
University of Idaho H24 Capt
University of Notre Dame H58 Capt (1)
Yale University HC6 Capt
Miami University Oxford, OH H40 Capt
Vanderbilt University H92 Capt (2)
University of Virginia H94 Capt
Rutgers University H97 Capt
Southern Univ and A&M College H81 Capt
Maine Maritime Academy H9C Capt
Virginia Military Institute H87 Capt
Virginia Polytechnical Institute H9A Capt
Boston University H03 Capt
Northwestern University H56 Capt
University of Maryland College Park HC3 Capt
Old Dominion University H59 Capt
Norwich University H57 Capt
Texas A&M University H89 Capt
George Washington University H63 Capt
5.b. NROTC Executive Officer (XO) vacancies:
UNIVERSITY MCC RANK NOTE
University of South Florida HAE Maj (1)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute H74 Maj (1)
5.c. Professor Of Naval Science (PNS) vacancies:
UNIVERSITY MCC RANK NOTE
The Citadel H07 Col (1)
Texas A&M H89 Col (1)
Norwich University H57 Col (1)
5.d. Note (1) Masters Degree required. Note (2) Masters Degree preferred.
5.e. Additional PNS billets may become available that are not listed above. If you are interested in being a PNS, please contact your monitor and apply.
6. All interested officers must contact their PMOS monitors expressing their intent to apply for NROTC duty.
7. A selection MARADMIN will be released upon conclusion of the panel; however, official transfer orders will not be released until approval by the NROTC units/universities is received by MMOA. Once MMOA is notified that the officer is approved for assignment, that officer will be notified by his/her monitor and orders will be issued.
8. Packages will be destroyed upon execution of orders per SECNAV M-5210.1.
9. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
10. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//