R 051417Z AUG 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY20 PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM (PEP) AND LIAISON OFFICER (LNO) SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1520.11F, INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP), CHAPTER 5 APPLIES TO THE PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM. REF B IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 5710.7, USMC FOREIGN AND MARINE LIAISON OFFICER PROGRAMS. REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER P1326.6D W/CH2, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS AND INDEPENDENT DUTIES. REF D IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1300.8, PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
REF E IS MARADMIN 275/19 FY20 PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM (PEP) AND LIAISON OFFICER (LNO) SOLICITATION MESSAGE.//
POC/1/CLAYTON J. FISHER/CIV/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-0322/703-614-0322/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL//
POC/2/KEVIN ZASTROW/CTR/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-0322/703-614-0322/KEVIN.ZASTROW.CTR@USMC.MIL//
POC/3/RONAL MORALES/MGYSGT/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-4366/703-692-4366/RONAL.MORALES@USMC.MIL//
POC/4/THOMAS A. BROWNE/LTCOL/CMC I IO WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-223-5421/703-693-5421/THOMAS.BROWNE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following Marines have been selected by the F20 PEP and LNO Selection Panel.
Name Grd PMOS Ctry Billet Report Note
1.A. Rule, J.N. O6 8041 AUS HQ Amphib C/S Jul 20 1
1.B. Weeks, J.T. O4 0202 AUS EW/SIGINT Jun 20 2
1.C. Kiessling, T.E. E7 0369 AUS Infantry Inst. Jul 20 3
1.D. Cerda Jr., P. E8 0393 AUS LAR Inst. Oct 20 4
1.E. Macias, S.L. E7 0369 COL Combat Arms Inst. Sep 20 5
1.F. LeBlanc, R.C. E7 0321 NLD Commando Team Ldr. Aug 20 6
1.G. Paull, M.L. O3 7208 PER Operations Off. Jun 20 7
1.H. Smith, B.A. O2 0207 GBR Intel Officer Jul 20 8
2. Alternates will be contacted in the event the primary candidates are unavailable for assignment. Notification of alternates will be via separate correspondence.
3. Selected Marines are directed to contact PPO PL and their primary Military Occupational Specialty Monitor NLT 09 August 2019 to accept or decline selection.
4. The following abbreviated country-billet codes and notes apply: Australia (AUS), Colombia (COL) Netherlands (NLD), Peru (PER) United Kingdom (GBR).
Note Duty Location MCC
4.A. 1 Brisbane, Australia TF2
4.B. 2 Queensland, Australia TF2
4.C. 3 Townsville, Australia TF2
4.D. 4 Victoria, Australia TF2
4.E. 5 Covenas, Colombia TP7
4.F. 6 Doorn, Netherlands MAJ
4.G. 7 Ancon, Peru TEX
4.H. 8 Portsmouth, United Kingdom TL4
5. Application packages for the following billets were screened, but did not meet the billet requirements. HQMC will coordinate with Manpower and Reserve Affairs and respective Occupational Field sponsors to slate these billets. Selections for these billets will be released via separate correspondence.
GRD BMOS Billet Partner Unit Date MCC
5.A. O4 8007 Operations Off. Brazilian Marines Jul 20 TC0
5.B. O4 8007 Staff Officer French Army Jun 20 T22
5.C. E6 0919 MCMAP/PT Inst. UK Royal Marines Jun 20 K02
5.D. O5 8007 Operations Officer UK Amphib Forces Jul 20 K02
5.E O3 0302 TBS/CTC Inst. UK Royal Marines Jul 20 K02
6. Billets with the following partner nations require language proficiency. The language requirement is minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) score (2-2) in target languages, with Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) score of at least 1 plus. Candidates requiring foreign language training must have a minimum Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) score of 95 for Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Dutch. If selected candidate does not meet DLPT requirements, then Spanish and French language training will take place at the Defense Language Institute - Monterey, CA, and Portuguese and Dutch language training will take place at the Defense Language Institute – Washington, DC. Language training is estimated to begin and end on the following dates. Report dates in country will be modified as required to meet language training requirements.
Country Language Start End
6.A. Brazil Portuguese Jan 2020 Jul 2020
6.B. Colombia Spanish Jan 2020 Sep 2020
6.C. France French Nov 2019 Aug 2020
6.D. Peru Spanish Jan 2020 Sep 2020
6.E. Netherlands Dutch Oct 2019 May 2020
7. All Marines are required to have sufficient obligated service remaining after completion of the PEP tour to fulfill a two-year follow-on assignment.
8. Selected PEP Officers will be automatically awarded the additional MOS of Regional Affairs Officer (RAO) or Foreign Area Officer (FAO) per Ref A upon successful completion of their tour.
9. Selected PEP Staff Noncommissioned Officers will be automatically awarded the Foreign Area SNCO (FAS) Designation per Ref A upon successful completion of their tour.
10. Release authorized by Mr. J. L. DeWeese, GS-15 Acting Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//