R 081507Z AUGUST 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR PARTICIPATION IN FIRST QUARTER FY20 MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND NATIONAL TARGETED MARKETING ENGAGEMENTS//
REF/RECRUITING OPERATIONS PLAN FY19//
NARR/REF IS THE MCRC OPERATIONS PLAN FOR FY19//
POC/MCRC COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT/-/TEL: 703-432-9163/9034/EMAIL: COMMUNITY@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. MCRC enters and maintains partnerships with various national organizations to increase public awareness of Marine Corps Officer Programs and expand the pool of qualified officer prospects for the recruiting force. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to communicate the first quarter FY20 MCRC National Targeted Audience Engagements and to solicit active duty personnel interested in participating as a Marine proof source. A proof source is a Marine who is able to communicate their service experiences through public speaking and mentorship to a selected audience. Most events require two to four proof sources to execute. Favorable demographics include, but are not limited to, good public speaking, pre-existing relationship with any of the listed organizations, attendance or participation at a listed college, institute, or athletic program. All submissions will be considered for desired events.
2. The following is a list of first quarter FY20 MCRC National Targeted Audience Engagements and favorable proof source demographics.
2.a. Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) National Conference -Pittsburgh, PA: 11-12 Oct
2.a.1. Asian - Pacific American
2.a.2. 17xx, 06xx, EOD, UAS, or STEM background
2.a.3. E6-E9, WO1-CWO4, O1-O6
2.a.4. Stationed in or originally from the greater Pittsburgh area
2.b. Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) National Conference - Phoenix, AZ: 30 Oct-2 Nov
2.b.1. Hispanic American
2.b.2. 17xx, 06xx, EOD, UAS, OR STEM background
2.b.3. E6-E9, WO1-CWO4, O1-O5
2.b.4. Stationed in or originally from the greater Phoenix area
2.c. Bayou Classic - New Orleans, LA: 25-30 Nov
2.c.1. African American
2.c.2. Former collegiate football player
2.c.3. Grambling State University, Southern University, or HBCU alum
2.c.4. E6-E9, WO1-CWO4, O1-O6
2.c.5. Stationed in or originally from the greater New Orleans area
2.d. American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) National Convention – Pittsburgh, Pa: 18-22 Dec
2.d.1. All-Marine or former collegiate volleyball player
2.d.2. E6-E9, O1-O6
2.d.3 Male or Female
2.d.4. Stationed in or originally from the greater Pittsburgh area
3. Proof sources must be available for travel one day prior to and following event execution. TAD orders and funding will be provided via DTS cross organization line of accounting, MCRC MAC.
4. All personnel interested in serving as a proof source are encouraged to contact MCRC Community Engagement as listed above. Include official photo, name, rank, MOS, college, degree, event preference, geographic location, and applicable demographic information. All submissions will be retained for future event qualification.
5. This MARADMIN cancels on 31 December 2019.
6. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command//