R 281431Z AUG 19
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/FY20 MARINE HELICOPTER SQUADRON ONE ROTARY WING AND TILTROTOR PILOT SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO 1326.7F/YMD:20160117//
REF/B/MSGID: MARADMIN 204/19:20190401//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1326.7F CH1, SELECTION AND SCREENING CRITERIA FOR MARINES ASSIGNED TO MARINE HELICOPTER SQUADRON ONE (HMX-1). REF B IS MARADMIN 204/19, FY20 MARINE HELICOPTER SQUADRON ONE ROTARY WING AND TILTROTOR PILOT SELECTION PANEL.//
POC/B.D. MAURER/LTCOL/UNIT: MANPOWER OFFICER HMX-1/TEL: 571-494-4929/EMAIL: BRIAN.D.MAURER@WHMO.MIL//
GENTEXT/remarks/1. The following officers have been selected by the FY20 HMX-1 Pilot Selection Panel with concurrence from MMOA-2 and approved by the Deputy Commandant for Aviation:
a. Primary FY20 selectees:
RANK LAST NAME FIRST NAME MI MOS
Maj Ballas Nicholas K 7532
Maj Benes Ryan E 7532
Capt Caggiano Max Z 7566
Capt Connolly Daniel R 7532
Capt Harris Matthew J 7532
Capt Langston Neal G 7532
Maj Leis Patricia B 7532
Maj Majeski William J 7566
Capt Nole Matthew D 7565
Capt Nutting William E 7565
Maj Piantanida Stephen M 7565
Maj Pitchford Hanson W 7566
Capt Smith Valerie K 7566
Capt Snyder Caleb J 7532
Capt Tedeschi Richard M 7532
Maj Tennison Joseph E 7566
Capt Tompkins Seth M 7563
Capt Wellock Michael R 7563
Capt Wilt Kyle S 7563
2. To coordinate orders to HMX-1, primary selectees are instructed to contact their PMOS monitor and the HMX-1 Manpower Officer. Selectees can expect orders to report to HMX-1 during FY20.
3. Selectees who are currently serving in a WTI utilization tour shall complete a minimum of 18-months as a 7577 prior to executing PCS orders to HMX-1.
4. To initiate the formal background investigation required for a Top Secret Yankee White security clearance, primary selectees are instructed to contact Ms. Brandy Ellington, HMX-1 Security Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
5. The following officers have been selected as alternates and may be offered assignment to HMX-1 in the event that any primary rotary wing or tiltrotor selectee becomes ineligible:
RANK LAST NAME FIRST NAME MI MOS
Capt Anderson Alexandra B 7566
Maj Bagby Nash M 7563
Capt Donahue Sean A 7566
Capt Hoogervorst Tyler A 7566
Capt Lauterbach Kyle L 7532
Maj Keene Kevin M 7565
Capt Kelly Patrick X 7566
Maj McLane Matthew J 7566
Maj Weathers Michael A 7563
Maj Saaiman Danie N 7532
Capt Torres Manuel A 7532
6. Qualified and interested pilots not selected by this panel can anticipate the FY21 Marine Helicopter Squadron One Pilot Selection Panel to be announced in April 2020 via MARADMIN.
7. Marines from non-aviator officer and enlisted Military Occupational Specialties are screened and selected continuously for assignment to HMX-1.
8. Interested Marines should contact their PMOS monitors and the points of contact listed in this MARADMIN for additional information.
9. HMX-1 assignment points of contact include the HMX-1 Manpower Officer, LtCol Brian Maurer at email@example.com, the HMX-1 Recruiting and Selection coordinator, Maj Geoffrey Sanford at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the HMX-1 Manpower Chief, GySgt Cecilia Major at email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by LtGen S. R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//