R 281920Z AUG 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FY2020 OUTREACH EVENTS//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371 EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
and J. R. GRADY/CAPT/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371 EMAIL: JOHN.GRADY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Throughout the year, the Marine Corps provides opportunities for Marines to attend a select list of outreach events to gain professional development, mentoring, and networking experiences. Participation in these events supports our overall comprehensive efforts in promoting diversity and inclusion.
2. For Command planning purposes, listed are the outreach events to which HQMC MRA (MPE) will sponsor registration and travel during FY20. MPE will release a separate MarAdmin to solicit participation and provide details for each event. Many of these outreach events also include an opportunity to recognize and award deserving Marines. Commands are encouraged to nominate Marines for all eligible awards. Marines must go through their commands for authorization to participate. The outreach events for the next fiscal year are:
a. Women of Color: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (WOC-STEM) located in Detroit, Michigan (3-5 October 2019)
b. Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) 2019 Fall National Leadership Conference located in Washington, DC (21 November 2019)
c. Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) - Mentoring and Career Management Symposium location (TBD) (3-4 December 2019)
d. Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) Stars and Stripes located in Washington, DC (13-15 February 2020)
e. Academy Women - Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) located in Washington, DC Metro Area (15-16 April 2020)
f. Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) - National Leadership Training Program location and date (TBD) (May 2020)
g. Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) – National Training Program location and date (TBD) (June 2020)
h. Women in Defense (WID) National Conference location and date (TBD) (June 2020)
i. Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) Joint Women's Leadership Symposium (JWLS) location and date (TBD) (August 2020)
j. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People National Convention (NAACP) location and date (TBD) (July 2020)
k. Federally Employed Women (FEW) - National Training Program location and date (TBD) (July 2020)
l. League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) National Convention location and date (TBD) (July 2020)
m. National Montford Point Marine Association, Inc. (NMPMA) location and date (TBD) (July 2020)
n. National Naval Officers Association (NNOA) location and date (TBD) (August 2020)
o. Blacks in Government (BIG) - National Training Institute location and date (TBD) (August 2020)
p. Women Marine Association (WMA) Biennial Convention and Professional Development Symposium location and date (TBD) (4-7 September 2020)
q. USMC Asian Pacific American (APA) Professionals - Leadership Seminar located in MCB Quantico, Virginia (July 2020)
r. Latina Style - National Latina Style Symposium located in Washington, DC (September 2020)
s. National IMAGE - National Training Program (NTP) location and date (TBD) (September 2020)
3. Event Dates are approximate. All events are subject to final approval and budget availability.
4. To propose additional outreach events or obtain additional information, contact the POCs. Proposals should include justification for Marine Corps-wide participation and all organizational contact information.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Colonel D. L. Shipley, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//