R 281705Z Aug 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/MOBILIZATION DEFERMENT FOR MARINES TRANSITIONING FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC) TO THE RESERVE COMPONENT (RC)//
REF/A/DOC/TITLE 10 UNITED STATES CODE//
REF/B/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/YMD: 20180315//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS TITLE 10, UNITED STATES CODE. REFERENCE (B) IS
MCO 1001R.1L, IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM)//
POC/S. A. BROCKWAY/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-432-9771/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. P. KAYWOOD/GYSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-432-9771/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the mobilization Deferment policy for Marines transitioning from the AC to the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR).
2. When AC Marines transition to the RC as part of the continuum of service, it is imperative that they adjust to and balance the demands of their new civilian career, RC service, and family responsibilities. Enabling a reasonable transition period from the AC to the RC supports Marines and their families in the transition to civilian life, fosters predictability, and encourages long-term service in the SMCR.
3. Program Guidance
a. All Marines transitioning from the AC (comp code 11) to a SMCR unit may defer certain involuntary mobilizations for up to two years from their end of active service (EAS) from the AC, regardless of current dwell status or last duty station.
b. Activations under the following mobilization authorities may be deferred:
(1) Section 12302 of ref (a) when tied to Executive Order 13223 dtd 14 SEP 2001.
(2) Section 12304b of ref (a).
c. Marines in the Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA)Program or the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) are not eligible for mobilization deferment.
d. Marines must remain in good standing in the SMCR in accordance with ref (b). Failure to fulfill SMCR requirements will result in the termination of deferment status.
e. Marines may volunteer for a mobilization or waive deferment at any time during the deferment period.
f. This policy is effective immediately. Each Marine’s two year mobilization deferment eligibility window begins, or began, the date of EAS from the AC (comp code 11).
4. Administrative Guidance
a. Individual Marines. Effective immediately, eligible Marines may elect involuntary mobilization deferment from their SMCR unit upon affiliation.
b. SMCR unit administrative sections. Upon eligible Marines deferment election, enter unit diary entry TTC 099-001, the appropriate mobilization status code, and MOBEDA as 24 months from the Marine’s EAS from the AC.
5. Questions pertaining to SMCR unit administration/deferment reporting should be directed to MARFORRES G-1 (OPS) GS-13 R. C. Porche, at email@example.com, (504)697-7181.
6. Release authorized by Colonel R. H. Pitchford, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//