R 291612Z AUG 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESERVE SERGEANT MAJOR (SGTMAJ) SLATE BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2020//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20190524//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1001R.1L CH 1, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE B IS THE SELECTED RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/D. T. ORSI JR/SGTMAJ/CMC MRA/RA/TEL/COMM 703-784-9100/DSN 278-9100/EMAIL: DAVID.T.ORSI@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following listed billets are to be read in three columns:
Command Location No Later Than Date
HQTRS CO, 23D MAR REGT San Bruno, CA June 2020
HQTRS CO, 25th MAR REGT Ft Devens, MA July 2020
HQTRS BTRY, 14th MAR REGT Ft Worth, TX June 2020
3D CIV AFF GROUP Great Lakes, IL July 2020
4th CIV AFF GROUP Hialeah, FL April 2020
HQTRS, MACG-48 Great Lakes, IL April 2020
MATSG-42, TRNG CMD Pensacola, FL July 2020
HQTRS CO, CLR 4 Kansas City, MO June 2020
HQTRS CO, CLR 45 Marietta, GA July 2020
Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
a. All SgtsMaj selected on the Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) promotion board or earlier are expected to submit for the O6 level slate.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not exceed the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per present policy.
c. Must meet Height and Weight (HT/WT) standards and have passed a most recent Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test (PFT/CFT).
d. Must be worldwide assignability.
2. Submission packages must be in Standard Naval Letter (SNL) Format to include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form), a current certified promotion photo with height/weight verified, professional resume, Master Brief Sheet, last three (3) Fitness Reports, Reserve Qualification Summary, and a cover letter addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (RA) (Attn: SgtMaj). Each package must be endorsed via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required for this slate, but each of the respective major subordinate command (MSC) SgtsMaj in the chain of command of the submitting SgtMaj must be informed of the intent to submit via official email.
3. The SgtsMaj selected for the listed billets must be prepared to accept orders NLT the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate liaison with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billets are for a minimum two (2) years and a maximum of (3) years. If moving from one MSC to the other as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. A copy of the Inter-Unit Transfer IUT will be provided to each MSC SgtMaj and the RA SgtMaj.
4. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 2 must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps RA NLT 18 September 2019. Applicants must sign, scan and email the entire package to: email@example.com mil via their current MSC SgtMaj.
5. Packages will be briefed by their MSC SgtsMaj. Selections will be announced via MarAdmin following completion of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100.
6. Release authorized by Colonel R. H. Pitchford, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//