R 111049Z SEP 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC P&R//
SUBJ/NOTIFICATION OF THE ELIMINATION OF MOS 3450 PPBE OFFICER//
NARR/REF A IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES (MOS) MANUAL.
REF B SOLICITED APPLICATIONS FOR MOS 3450 FOR FY19//
POC/DELLER, P.S./CAPT/RPD/TEL: 703-692-5403/PAUL.DELLER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide notification of the elimination of the 3450 Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Officer Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
2. Per reference (a), every MOS must be supported by a training concept, meet Individual Training Standards (ITS), align with Training and Readiness (T&R) manuals, and support service manning requirements.
3. The 3450 MOS currently has negligible billet structure on Tables of Organization (T/O) and is not utilized by Manpower Management Officer Assignments (MMOA) during the slating process.
4. Due to the misalignment with the requirements of the MOS manual and lack of use for manpower assignments, the 3450 MOS will be eliminated.
5. Pending applications for MOS 3450 per reference (b) will not be approved.
6. Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC M&RA) will decide the best course of action regarding the disposition of records in systems that reflect the 3450 MOS.
7. Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration (DC, CD&I) will remove the secondary 3450 AMOS requirement from BIC MS300000086. This will not eliminate the position as the Primary MOS requirement is still valid.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
9. This is a coordinated message between DC P&R, DC CD&I, and DC M&RA.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General J. M. Jansen, DC P&R.//