R 161919Z SEP 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FY20 RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/251402ZMAR19//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/261748ZAPR19//
REF/D/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/071727ZJUN19//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1300R.65D, RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MARADMIN 195/19, CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB). REFERENCE C IS MARADMIN 262/19, CHANGE 1 TO THE CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB), REFERENCE D IS MARADMIN 332/19, CHANGE 2 TO THE CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB)//
POC/N. R. ALEN/MAJ/RAM-3/TEL: 703-784-1275//EMAIL: RCSB@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. FORD/CIV/RAM-3/TEL: 703-432-9410//EMAIL: RCSB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 12 August 2019, the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC MRA) convened the FY20 RCSB and RSLB. The purpose of command screening is to ensure that Marines receive the best possible leadership and to provide all eligible officers with a fair and equitable opportunity to command.
2. The board selected 33 officers for command and 13 officers for senior leader billets as primaries. To accommodate the assignment process and the availability of individual officers, 32 officers were selected as alternates and found eligible for command. The alternate list provides an adequate number of officers to meet the command requirements should a primary decline command or otherwise be unable to take command.
3. The quality of the Marines considered reaffirms that the Marine Corps continues to produce leaders of the highest caliber. The relatively small number of command billets available and the large number of eligible officers creates an exceptionally competitive process.
4. CMC has approved the following Reserve Colonel Command Slate. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS), with projected change of command (PCOC) date.
a. CO, 1st Civil Affairs Group, FHG, Camp Pendleton, CA, Jaster, Allan G. 0302, Mar 2020.
b. CO, Marine Corps Advisory Co-A, FHG, Washington, DC, Jarrard, John K. 8041, Sep 2020.
c. CO, Marine Corps Advisory Co-C, FHG, Great Lakes, IL, Bracewell, Michael J. 8041, Apr 2020.
d. CO, Marine Aviation Training Support Group (MATSG)-42, 4th MAW, Pensacola, FL, Cunningham, Cory M. 8042, May 2020.
e. CO, Deployment Processing Command (DPC)/RSU East, FHG, Camp Lejeune, NC, Miller, Brian R. 8041, Jul 2020.
f. CO, HQBN, Marine Forces Reserve, MFR, New Orleans, LA, Burns, Eric G. 8042, Jul 2020.
5. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Deputy Commander, Force Headquarters Group, FHG, New Orleans, LA, Day, Sean N. 8041, Oct 2019.
b. Assistant Division Commander, 4th MarDiv, New Orleans, LA, Armas, Thomas M. 8041, Sep 2020.
c. Deputy Commander, 4th MLG, New Orleans, LA, Marotto II, Howard K. 8040, Sep 2020.
d. Vice, Chief of Staff (COS), MARFORCYBER, Fort Meade, MD, Bacharach, Mark H. 8041, Oct 2019.
e. Senior Reserve Advisor, 14th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Fort Worth, TX, Heffner Jr. Robert P. 8041, Jan 2020.
f. Senior Reserve Advisor, Marine Air Control Group 48, 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL Henderson, Nathan C. 8041, May 2020.
g. Senior Reserve Advisor, Marine Aircraft Group 49, 4th MAW, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Burress, Kyle R. 8042, May 2020.
h. Director, Aviation Command and Control Team (AC2T), 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL, Taylor, Daniel B. 8042, Oct 2019.
i. Senior Reserve Advisor, Combat Logistics Regiment 45, 4th MLG, Marietta, GA, Bergiel, Erich B. 1302, Apr 2020.
j. Director, Operational Logistics (SCOLAC), 4th MLG, New Orleans, LA, Kim, Albert K. 8041, Dec 2019.
6. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. These assignments are not designated as commanders and therefore, will not attend Cornerstone. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Regional Coordinator, Readiness Reserve Support Program 1, FHG, Bell, CA, Robins, Brian P. 8042, Jul 2020.
b. Regional Coordinator, Readiness Reserve Support Program 2, FHG, Minneapolis, MN, Hayworth, Kimberly A. 0402, Jul 2020.
c. Deputy, Chief of Staff/Plans, JECC, USTRANSCOM, Norfolk, VA, Barnes, William A. 8041, May 2020.
7. CMC has approved the following Reserve Lieutenant Colonel Command Slate. Each command is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS with projected change of command date.
a. CO, 3d Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company, FHG, Bell, CA, Johansen, Justin M. 0802, Jun 2020.
b. CO, 6th Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company, FHG, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA, Leclaire, Devaunt Z. 7509, Mar 2020.
c. CO, 6th Communication Battalion, FHG, Brooklyn, NY, Prater, Ian M. 0602, Aug 2020.
d. CO, 1st Battalion, 23d Marines, 4th MarDiv, Houston, TX, Newsome II, Samson C. 0302, Sep 2020.
e. CO, 2d Battalion, 23d Marines, 4th MarDiv, Pasadena, CA, Riley, Jason A. 0302, Dec 2019.
f. CO, 1st Battalion, 24th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Detroit, MI, ODonnell, Kevin M. 0302, Oct 2019.
g. CO, 2d Battalion, 24th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Chicago, IL, Lee, Andrew C. 0302, Oct 2019.
h. CO, 1st Battalion, 25th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Fort Devens, MA, Hall, Mathison G. 0302, Aug 2020.
i. CO, 2d Battalion, 25th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Garden City, NY, Colvin, James F. 0302, Sep 2020.
j. CO, 4th Reconnaissance Company, 4th MarDiv, San Antonio, TX, Walker, Erik N. 0302, Mar 2020.
k. CO, 4th Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 4th MarDiv, Camp Pendleton, CA, Riordan, Brian C. 0302, Aug 2020.
l. CO, 5th Bn, 14th Marines, 4th MarDiv, Seal Beach, CA, Rylander, Nathan P. 0802, Jun 2020.
m. CO, 4th Tank Battalion, 4th MarDiv, San Diego, CA, Oquin, Michael D. 1802, Feb 2020.
n. CO, 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, 4th MarDiv, Tampa, FL, Santiago, Alexis 1803, Oct 2019.
o. CO, Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 773, 4th MAW, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Ziegler, Carl M. 7565, May 2020.
p. CO, Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 774, 4th MAW, Norfolk, VA, Smith, Joshua E. 7532, Aug 2020.
q. CO, Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 112, 4th MAW, Fort Worth, TX, Yauck, Jeremy R. 7523, May 2020.
r. CO, Marine Air Support Squadron 6, 4th MAW, Westover, MA, Bowsher Jr., Herbert J. 7202, Jul 2020.
s. CO, Marine Wing Communication Squadron 48, 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL, Walton, Scott R. 0202, Jul 2020.
t. CO, Marine Wing Support Squadron 471, 4th MAW, Minneapolis, MN, Spicer, Katherine A. 4402, Jul 2020.
u. CO, Combat Logistics Battalion 23, 4th MLG, Fort Lewis, WA, Bonifant, Daniel A. 0402, Apr 2020.
v. CO, Combat Logistics Battalion 25, 4th MLG, Red Bank, NJ, Sanford, Dana J. 0402, Jun 2020.
w. CO, Combat Logistics Battalion 451, 4th MLG, Charlotte, NC, Morehouse, Nathan P. 3002, Jul 2020.
x. CO, Combat Logistics Battalion 453, 4th MLG, Aurora, CO, Minella, Mark C. 0402, Mar 2020.
y. Inspector-Instructor, 1st Civil Affairs Group, FHG, Camp Pendleton, CA, Swanson, Eric D. 0102, Jun 2020.
z. Inspector-Instructor, Marine Corps Advisory Co-A, FHG, Washington, DC, Hines, Charles A. 0402, Jul 2020.
aa. CO, Marine Transport Squadron Detachment Andrews, 4th MAW, Joint Base Andrews, MD, Wisdom, Beau S. 7509, May 2020.
8. Coordinating Instructions. Acceptance, declination, and deferral. Primaries will receive a letter from CMC (RA) directing them to accept, decline, or request deferral of assignment in writing to CMC (RA) within 30 days of receipt of letter. Officers failing to respond within 30 days of receipt of their letter will be considered to have declined the slated billet. CMC (RA) will notify Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, of all declinations of command or senior leader billets.
9. The list of alternates will not be published via MARADMIN. The alternate list by EDIPI can be found by accessing www.manpower.usmc.mil. Under “Top Requests,” select “Reserve Officer Command Screening.” On the right side of the screen, under “Documents,” select “FY20 RCSB Alternate List.” The list is only valid until the next RCSB/RSLB.
10. Officers slated to command will schedule their attendance to the Commandant’s Combined Commandership Program prior to, or shortly after, assuming command. The program consists of two courses conducted concurrently: a ten day commanders course and a 5 day spouses workshop. These courses are conducted semiannually. The courses will be conducted aboard MCB Quantico. Officers slated in paragraphs 4, 5, and 7 must schedule attendance at Cornerstone. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Further info is available from MCU online at: http:(slash)(slash)www.mcu.usmc.mil. POC for the Commanders Course is Dr. David Walker at (703) 784-6850 or email: email@example.com.
11. Upon assumption of command or senior leader billet, individual units will notify CMC (RA) via email on standard naval letterhead with the officer’s name, and date they assumed the billet. Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
12. All officers slated for command and senior leader billets, including all alternates, will receive a letter from CMC (RA) notifying them of selection. This letter will also be included in their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
13. Point of contact: Natalie R. Alen, RAM-3, DSN: 278-1275, COMM: (703) 784-1275, Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
14. Release authorized by Colonel R. H. Pitchford, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//