R 172029Z SEP 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY20 FORCE FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (FFI) / MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR TRAINER (MAIT) / MARINE CORPS INSTRUCTOR OF WATER SURVIVAL (MCIWS) BILLET VACANCIES//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/P.A. TURNER/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: PHILIP.TURNER@USMC.MIL//
POC/K.A. HOFFMAN/CAPT/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-784-9257/EMAIL: KURT.HOFFMAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B.A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.L. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: JUSTIN.SAUNDERS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the billet vacancies for the FY20 FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS instructor duties, and solicits applications from qualified Marines.
2. The FY20 FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies of the below locations based on a recent review of the available billets.
2.a. The FY20 FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 26 October 2019. The results will be published via MARADMIN in November 2019.
2.b. FY20 FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor and Force Fitness Division Inspector (FFDI) vacancies exist for the following billets:
FFI - Camp Lejeune, NC
FFI - Quantico, VA
MAIT - Quantico, VA
FFDI - Quantico, VA
MAIT - Norfolk, VA
MCIWS - Miramar, CA
MCIWS - Coronado, CA
MCIWS - Quantico, VA
MCIWS - Kaneohe Bay, HI
MCIWS - Pensacola, FL
MCIWS - Camp Lejeune, NC
2.c. The Marine’s order of preference contained in the application will be considered by the board; however, a Marine must be willing to accept assignment to any billet listed in this MARADMIN.
3. Tour Length. The normal tour length for FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor billets is 36 months in accordance with reference (a).
4. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Sergeants through Gunnery Sergeants are eligible for FFI, MAIT, and MCIWS Instructor billets.
4.b. FFD Inspector Billets are limited to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant.
4.c. Bachelors or Associates degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses are preferred, but not required.
4.d. Marines must meet height and weight standards or be within body fat percentage limits.
4.e. Marines must conduct an interview with the director of the nearest location of the duty they are applying for prior to application submission. If Marines are not located within the local area of one of the billet locations, the interview can be conducted remotely at the discretion of the Force Fitness Division (FFD).
4.f. Marines must update their official photo in their Official Military Personnel File prior to the submission.
5. No later than 13 October 2019, Marines applying for this duty will complete the survey and upload their completed application to: https:(slash)(slash)surveys.max.gov/index.php/16913?lang=en containing all of the following documents:
5.a. Applications must include NAVMC 11713 (Commanding Officer’s Screening/Interview Guide Formal School Instructor Duty), with Commanding Officer endorsement and the FFD Schoolhouse Director Interview Checklist. The screening/interview guide is available at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/SDA/MMEA-25.
5.b. The FFD Schoolhouse Director Interview Checklist is available at www.fitness.marines.mil.
6. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//