R 181614Z SEP 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/OCTOBER 2019 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCO) AND NOVEMBER 2019 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/14JUN2012//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MI/4JUN2014//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MIO/19AUG2008//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMPR-2/162200ZOCT14//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20 1400/6SEP2019//
NARR/REF A, IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, IS MCO 5000.14D, MARINE CORPS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES (MCAP). REF C, IS MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTION MANUAL (MCTFSPRIM). REF D, IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER COURSES SEMINAR. REF E, IS MPP-20 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTIONS.//
POC/LINDSAY D. PERRY/GYSGT/HEAD, MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: LINDSAY.PERRY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Units will receive a Diary Feedback Report (DFR) with a select grade date of 1 October 2019 for each Marine to be promoted. The select grade, rank, seniority number, and board year will be listed on the "GRAD" screen in the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
2. Upon receipt of this MARADMIN and posting of a select grade on the DFR, but not prior to the 1st of October 2019, Commanders will effect the promotion of selected Marines per paragraph 5100 of reference (a). Cite this MARADMIN as authority for promotion.
3. Commanders are reminded that paragraph 3107.4 of reference (a) requires that Marines in the grade of gunnery sergeant and above who have served at least 18 years but less than 30 years of active military service must agree to serve 2 years or until service limits, whichever occurs first, in the grade to which promoted. Before delivering appointment certificates to Marines in this category, Commanders must ensure that each Marine has sufficient obligated service remaining on their current contract to enable them to serve at least 2 years or until service limits in the grade to which promoted. If the Marine refuses to extend or reenlist to have sufficient obligated service, inform CMC (MMPR-2) of the Marine's refusal.
4. Commanders are reminded of their inherent responsibilities of the Enlisted Promotion System. Thoroughly review the record of each selected Marine prior to delivery of the certificate of appointment to ensure the Marine has continued to maintain the high standards of professional and personal performance which led to selection. You are instructed to review paragraphs 1200.4, 1204, and 3107 of reference (a). Upon completion of the review of applicable records, if the Commander's intent is to delay or revoke the promotion of a selected Marine, reference (a) provides specific guidance and reporting instructions.
5. Reference (b), enclosure (3) states that Commanders are responsible for the accuracy of their Marines records, regardless of the format of the information (paper records, MCTFS records, etc.) and the locations of the records (mainframe databases, IPAC, etc.). Per reference (c), when a Marine is promoted above the grade ceiling for the PMOS held, Commanders will change the Marines PMOS to the career progression MOS.
6. Commanders who have Marines attached to their command/unit/det in a temporary additional duty status must seek concurrence from the Marine's parent command prior to effecting the promotion.
7. The numbers listed below indicate the senior number promoted the previous month and the total number of Marines to be promoted for the current month. However, the numbers may not always add up. This is due to Marines selected noncompetitively (WO, MECEP selects) who are assigned a seniority number with an alpha letter, Marines who are discharged, and Marines in a promotion restriction status. To avoid erroneous promotions of SNCOs, it is imperative that Commanders follow the guidance in paragraph (1) and only promote Marines with a select grade date in the MCTFS.
8. STATUS OF FY 2019 SNCO PROMOTION LISTS:
NUMBER SENIOR NO. OCT 19 PROJECTED
GRADE SELECTED PROM SEP 19 PROM FOR NOV 19
SgtMaj/MGySgt 316 182 34 50
1stSgt/MSgt 994 779 132 70 (note 1)
GySgt 1849 753 200 200
SSGT 3316 0 200 200
Note 1: Clear 2019 list
9. For Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on compatibility view settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "message traffic", then "Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) messages".
10. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//