R 010750Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA/MP//
SUBJ/FY20 OCCUPATIONAL FIELD MANAGER AND MOS SPECIALIST SYMPOSIUM//
POC/JOSEPH.MOELLER/MAJ/DC MRA/MP/MPP-40/OR MR. MARK RAMIREZ/CIV-/TEL: 703-784-9355//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Background. This message announces the FY20 Occupational Field (OCCFLD) Manager and MOS Specialist Symposium. This professional development symposium is held annually and is designed to provide education regarding the Marine Corps human resource development process. Further, this symposium aims to improve the proficiency of OCCFLD managers and MOS specialists when dealing with manning and staffing issues for the Marine Corps.
2. All actively serving OCCFLD managers and MOS specialists are highly encouraged to attend. All Sergeants Major assigned to Major Subordinate Commands and above are invited to attend as well.
3. Briefs. Briefs will be available approximately one week prior to the symposium and can be found at https:(slash)(slash)tfsms.mceits.usmc.mil under the References tab in the OCCFLD Symposium portion of the webpage. In order to access the TFSMS website, personnel must register or utilize their CAC card. Unclassified briefs will also be posted at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/MPP/OccFldManagerMOSSpecialistSymposium.
4. Orders. Orders and funding are the responsibility of individuals and their commands.
5. Location. The symposium will be held 10 to 12 December 2019 at Little Hall, 2034 Barnett Ave, Quantico VA 22134.
6. Uniforms. Uniform for the symposium is MARPAT MCCUU.
7. Transportation and parking. Transportation is the responsibility of the attendee. Parking at Little Hall is directly across the street.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Approved for release by BGen D. L. Shipley, Director, Manpower Plans and Policies, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//