R 031643Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CD WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2020 SOUND REINFORCEMENT TECHNICIAN COURSE TRAINING SEATS//
REF/A/DOC/NAVMC 1200.1D/YMD: 20180510//
NARR/REF A IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY MANUAL//
POC/WILSON, DAVID J./MSGT/HQMC CD MARINE CORPS FIELD MUSIC/703-614-4577/DAVID.J.WILSON4@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces available training seats for Marines to attend the Sound Reinforcement Technician course (CID N03KHF2) at the Naval School of Music (NAVSOM) aboard Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, Virginia Beach, Virginia. This message is provided as a planning tool for commands to nominate Marines for attendance.
2. This course provides the necessary training to perform as skilled Sound Reinforcement Technicians capable of operating intricate sound reinforcement equipment in various acoustical environments and includes instruction on:
2.a. Theoretical knowledge of electricity.
2.b. Sound system setup, optimization, and design.
2.c. Sound equipment operation and troubleshooting.
2.d. Testing, evaluating, and maintaining sound reinforcement equipment in a safe operating environment.
2.e. Development of performance skills.
3. Prerequisite. 5524 Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
4. Nomination packages will consist of:
4.a. Letter of recommendation from a Band Officer (5502) or acting Band Officer.
4.b. Letter of recommendation from a Bandmaster (5517) or acting Bandmaster.
5. 2020010 class schedule.
5.a. Report date is 21 January 2020.
5.b. Convene date is 24 January 2020.
5.c. Graduation date is 20 March 2020.
5.d. Available seats: 3.
6. 2020020 class schedule.
6.a. Report date is 05 April 2020.
6.b. Convene date is 08 April 2020.
6.c. Graduation date is 19 May 2020.
6.d. Available seats: 3.
7. In accordance with Ref (a), this course is a prerequisite for selection to Small Ensemble Leader (5522).
8. All nominations will be submitted to Communication Directorate, Marine Corps Field Music no later than 2359 EST 10 November 2019. In the event more nominations are received than seats available, a selection panel will convene to determine the most qualified applicants for attendance.
9. Release authorized by Brigadier General Sean M. Salene, Director of Communication.//