R 071928Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1650.39B, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS/(CMC) COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM//
REF B IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT MANUAL//
REF C IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (MARCORPROMMAN VOL 2 ENLPROM).//
POC/CRUZ, A.A./MGYSGT/HQMC (MMEA-1)/-/TEL: COMM (703)432-9125/ EMAIL: ARBENZ.CRUZ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY19 Commandant of the Marine Corps Career Planner of the Year award.
2. Background. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the Career Planner of the year have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) will convene the FY19 Career Planner of the Year board at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 13 November 2019. Applications must be submitted to MMEA no later than 31 October 2019. Applications will be submitted via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) as a SDA/miscellaneous duty request. Selection results will be published by MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General-level unit in the Marine’s command. Only one nomination is permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Criteria. All nominees must meet the following criteria:
a. Not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner of the year.
b. Must be in the rank of Sergeant or Staff Sergeant.
c. Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821 and have served in valid Career Planner billets for the entire fiscal year.
d. Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General readiness inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
e. Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites.
f. Must have a first class PFT and CFT.
g. Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements; all packages must contain the following information at a minimum:
a. Nomination letter from the command.
b. Career Planner of the year checklist.
c. Career Planner of the year data sheet.
d. Standard digital promotion photograph.
e. One page autobiography.
f. Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and UPB.
g. Copy of functional area checklist completed per paragraph 5d.
7. An example of all required documents are available for download via TFRS.
8. Per reference (c), the Career Planner of the year will be meritoriously promoted.
9. The Marine selected as the Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the HQMC awards processing system. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read "nominee for (Career Planner of the year) 2019. "A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN. The Career Planner of the Year and their spouse are invited to attend the awards ceremony. All associated costs for travel, billeting, and per diem for the Marine selected as Career Planner of the year, and their spouse will be funded by CMC (MMEA).
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//