R 072034Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) CAREER PLANNER STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER IN CHARGE (SNCOIC) OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA/08SEP10//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/14JUN12//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1650.39B. REF B IS MCO 1040.31. REF C IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2//
POC: A. A. CRUZ/MGYSGT/MMEA-1/TEL: (703) 432-9125/EMAIL: ARBENZ.CRUZ@USMC.MIL.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY19 CMC Career Planner Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (SNCOIC) of the Year award.
2. Background. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organizational skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) will convene the FY19 Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year board at Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 6 November 2019. Applications must be submitted to MMEA no later than 31 October 2019. Applications will be submitted via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) as a SDA/miscellaneous duty request. Selection results will be published via MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General-level unit in the Marine's command. Up to two nominations for Career Planner SNCOIC are permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Criteria. All nominees for Career Planner SNCOIC must meet the following criteria:
a. Not have been previously awarded CMC SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year.
b. Must be in the rank of Staff Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant.
c. Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821 and have served in a valid Career Planner SNCOIC billet for no less than 9 months during FY19.
d. Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General Readiness Inspection and received a Mission Capable rating within the previous 12 months for the billet SNM is being submitted for.
e. Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites.
f. Must have a first class PFT and CFT.
g. Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements. All packages must contain the following information at a minimum:
a. Nomination letter from the command.
b. Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year checklist.
c. Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year data sheet.
d. Standard digital promotion photograph.
e. One page autobiography.
f. Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and UPB.
g. Copy of functional area checklist completed per paragraph 5d.
7. An example of all required documents are available for download via TFRS.
8. Per reference (c), no meritorious promotion is authorized for selection as the Career Planner SNCOIC.
9. The Marine selected as the Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the HQMC awards processing system. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read "Nominee for Career Planner Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge." A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN. The Career Planner SNCOIC of the year and their spouse are invited to attend the awards ceremony. Parent commands/organizations are responsible for coordinating and funding the travel for the winners and spouses for the awards ceremony.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//