R 081614Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE FISCAL YEARS 20/21 (FY20/21) OUTREACH AWARDS//
POC M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV (MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC M. F. RUIZ/SGT (MPE)/ COM 703-784-4791/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARTINA.CATTANEO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Each year, HQMC, Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion Branch (MPE) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Branch (EEO) convene boards to select award recipients for numerous Department of Defense (DoD) and National Affinity Group awards.
2. Leadership and Meritorious Service Awards recognize nominees who have distinguished themselves through their exemplary leadership, promotion of the Marine Corps in their community, and fostering positive relationships between the Armed Forces and the civilian population.
3. All Marines and civilian employees, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation are eligible for nomination.
4. Commanders may nominate individuals pending conference approval to alleviate short-fused notifications and enhance participation.
5. Please refer to the above listed points of contact for inquiries regarding specific award criteria and nomination package requirements.
6. Current FY20/21 outreach awards nominations due dates:
a. 18 Feb 2020:
(1) Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) Maj Megan McClung Leadership Award (military). Four total recipients (one field grade officer, one company grade officer, one staff non-commissioned officer, and one junior Marine) will be awarded from the pool of nominees.
(2) Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military)
(3) Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) (civilian/military)
b. 1 Apr 2020:
League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Excellence Award (civilian/military)
c. 1 May 2020:
(1) Women of Color: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (WOC-STEM) (civilian/military)
(2) Blacks in Government (BIG) (civilian/military)
(3) Department of Defense Disability Awards (military and civilian)
d. 1 Jun 2020:
(1) Latina Style Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military)
(2) National Image, Incorporated Meritorious Service Award (civilian)
e. 3 Aug 2020:
(1) Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) award (military)
(2) Career Communication Group, Stars and Stripes Recognition award (military)
7. National Affinity Groups are non-federal entities and are not endorsed by the USMC.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized BGen D. L. Shipley, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//