R 101832Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA UC//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD TWO RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD:20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD:20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 330/19/YMD:20190607//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO 6100.13A w/CH1 C 469/YMD:20190313//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 347/19/YMD:20190619//
REF/I/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 496/18/YMD:20180911//
REF/J/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD:20100908//
REF/K/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1524.1 MMOA-3/YMD:20190530//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (SHORT TITLE: MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MARADMIN 330/19 FORTHCOMING CHANGE TO THE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT). REF (D) IS MCO 6100.13A W/CH1 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS (PFT/CFT). REF (E) IS MARADMIN 347/19 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (F) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL MASTER PROJECTION PLAN FISCAL YEAR 2020. REF (G) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (H) IS THE WINTER 2020 OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) CLASS DATES, CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION AND REQUIREMENTS. REF (I) IS MARADMIN 496/18 UPDATE AND DIRECTED CHANGE 2 TO MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (J) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (K) IS MCO 1524.1 THE MARINE CORPS GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Commands are responsible for reading the content of this MARADMIN in its entirety. The Commanding General Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG MCRC), by direction of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per refs (a) through (f), all selected Marines will be scheduled to a 10-week Officer Candidates Class (OCC). Officer Candidates School (OCS) scheduling will be made by MCRC when notified of the selectees medical qualification by the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) or the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (NAMI).
Babin, Brian J. 3043
Bates, Jalyn D. 3432
Bosco, John 1161
Caster, Shane J. 0311
Debolt, Samuel G. 2641
Dehnhoff, Logan E. 5811
Dolan, Ciara M. 6541
Dye, James C. 6531
Fahey, Matthew M. 6153
Garcia, Charlie 2111
Garcia, Richard J. 0241
Gayheart, Cameron S. 0311
George, Tyler E. 0231
Groce Jr., Daniel W. 0311
Hale, Dylan S. 0161
Harman, Tyler A. 6432
Harrison, Daniel C. 3531
Henderson, Kyle 3537
Henshaw, Kyle B. 0351
Hicks, Patrick D. 6432
Huston, Brett A. 0111
Isham Jr., David A. 3043
Jensen, Zachary A. 0111
Johnson, Alec H. 6276
Joseph, James L. 0111
Lopez, Isaiah E. 6323
Magee, Cody R. 0365
Melder, Dane O. 2651
Melendez, Mara M. 0111
Modar, Robert T. 0811
Morgan, Kyle W. 1161
Morgan, Rafael A. 6324
Nguyen, Thanhtam T. 2847
Nier, Jacob T. 0629
Ortiz Jr., Nelson R. 3043
Reel, Michael A. 1391
Robinson, Chase A. 2621
Salyards Jr., Allen R. 0365
Scroggs, Bailey S. 2621
Shaughnessy, Brian T. 1391
Smith, Kaleb M. 2887
Taylor, Joshua S. 0311
Tompkins, Logan H. 3451
Vincent, Kevin 0111
Worth, James E. 6174
York, Mitchell A. 0365
Zuniga, Carlos J. 6074
Arrieta, Carlos H. 3531
Bazile, Claude S. 3043
Bogen, Drew E. 3531
Caba, Joselito 6154
Getler, Maximilian R. 0481
Griffin, Cody J. 0365
Jameson, Jordan S. 6541
Juarez, James W. 5811
Mclellan, Jonathan D. 6541
Rojas, Nicholas J. 0111
Seagren, Todd J. 5524
Sosa, Cristian U. 0111
Steward, Ryan C. 3531
Selgren, Nichlaus A. 0481
2. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to ref (a) chapter one. For more information and career counseling, call DSN 278-9241 or commercial (703) 784-9241 or 1-(800)-833-2320 or visit their website at www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select top requests then Enlisted Career Counselors. Reasons for non-selection cannot be provided by MCRC or the career counselors; however, career counselors can evaluate Marines' Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) to help gain insight on improving their competitiveness. Marines and/or Commands who would like to receive a copy of board statistics must send an email request to the MCRC point of contact (POC) in paragraph 16.
3. Parent Commands of selected Marines must ensure any page 11 submitted with the Marines' applications are run in their OMPFs. Commands must also ensure all selected Marines have an adjudicated security clearance prior to attending OCS per ref (a) chapter one.
4. To ensure the Marines are prepared for this next chapter in their careers, Commands will assign a Company Grade Officer within their commands as a mentor within one week of release of this MARADMIN. This Marine Officer should assist with a physical training regimen that will prepare the selected Marines for the rigorous demands of OCS. Additionally, the Marine Officers will mentor the selected Marines to ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as Company Grade Officers. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select "Units", then "OCS" or "TBS". The OCS Physical Training Preparation Pack is listed at www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select "Units" then "OCS". Review candidate information. Further links for academic preparation and overall OCS curriculums are also on the OCS web page.
5. POC information. Marines are directed to send their current POC information electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 16 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 17, within one week from release of this MARADMIN. Email subject line must read “last name (Program) Select POC information.” Marines are directed to use the Enlisted to Officer select POC information sample on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select "Marine Officer", then "Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants". The E-O select POC information sample is located under "General Forms". Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signatures. An update must be provided if there are any changes to the original POC sheet. Marines are directed to provide POC information for each level of their administrative endorsing chain of command as directed on the POC sheet. Marines are also directed to notify their primary military occupational specialty monitor of their selections and provide the MARADMIN number that references their names as selectees.
6. Selected Active Reserve (AR) Marines must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planners to coordinate the augmentation per ref (e).
7. Commands and Marines. Refer to ref (a) chapter one for information pertaining to status change or removal recommendations. Formal requests for OCS deferments, declinations, or removal from the program must be forwarded in standard naval correspondence format with justification, via the Marines' administrative endorsing chain of command through the General Officer level, to CG, MCRC. Marines are directed to forward a courtesy copy of the initial requests with parent command endorsement, electronically, to MCRC POC in paragraph 16 pending receipt of all endorsements. With the exception of a medical situation, all selectees are required to attend OCS within one year of selections. If selectees are not scheduled for OCS within one year, the selectees will be disenrolled from their respective programs. Deployment and command staffing are not justification for OCS deferment. Marines are expected to attend OCS immediately upon notification of medical qualifications.
8. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED for ground physicals or NAMI for aviation physicals per ref (f), before MCRC will schedule them to attend OCS. BUMED and NAMI are the authorizing authorities for determining Marines medically qualified to attend OCS. Both BUMED and NAMI require a minimum of 30 days to process medical documents effective upon the release of the selection MARADMIN, to make a determination. Marines requiring additional medical documents will be contacted by the MCRC POC. Any additional medical information submitted by the Marines will restart the 30 day process for medical determinations. Commands and Marines are not authorized to contact or forward any medical documents directly to BUMED. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Marines are not guaranteed to attend the OCS class that aligns with the board they were selected on. Marines who are not contacted two weeks prior to a scheduled OCC class, will be automatically deferred to the next available OCS class once determined medically qualified. Refer to ref (a), Commander's Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities. All selected and deferred Marines will be notified by the MCRC POC once a medical determination of physical qualification or physical disqualification has been made by either BUMED or NAMI. Marines that sustain an injury prior to reporting to OCS, must immediately contact the MCRC POC in paragraph 16 and provide supporting medical documents to injury sustained. Questions only pertaining to the requirements for additional medical documents as requested by BUMED or NAMI should be directed to the MCRC medical reviewers at (703) 784-9426. Questions pertaining to status of BUMED or NAMI medical determinations should only be directed to MCRC POC in paragraph 16. Additional medical documents requested must be forwarded directly to the MCRC POC in paragraph 16.
9. Pre-OCS information.
a. Commands and Marines are directed to use the OCS website referenced in paragraph four and the MCRC website referenced in paragraph five of this MARADMIN. For the OCS website, select the "Candidates Information" to prepare for OCS, and for pertinent OCS information.
b. Marines are directed to use refs (c), (d) and (h) and the OCS website listed in paragraph four for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress codes, required gear, grooming, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, physical fitness test (PFT) scoring, and fitness preparation.
c. OCC 233 convenes 4 January 2020. All selectees listed in this MARADMIN and deferred Marines that have been notified by MCRC POC to attend OCC 233 are directed to submit the 13 March 2019 version of the pre-ship checklist located on the MCRC website, to the MCRC POC in paragraph 16 by 4 December 2019. Officers in Charge and Marines are to ensure all information on pre-ship checklists are completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentages, and signatures. Marines who are over the max weight will submit full length color photos in physical training (PT) gear (green shorts-green t-shirt) from each body angle (both sides-front-back). PT shirts and shorts for females and PT shorts and no shirts for males. Marines who are not in receipt of OCS orders will mark "No" for question 25 and state, "awaiting medical qualification and/or funding."
d. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for shipping and inducting into OCS. Pre-ship PFTs must be taken no earlier than 4 November 2019, and no later than 4 December 2019, and annotated in the PFT portion of checklists. This requirement supersedes the requirements stated in ref (h). Below are the additional PFT event requirements for males and females.
(1) Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
(2) Push ups minimum is 62 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) 3 miles run minimum is 24 mins
(1) Pull ups minimum is by age as listed below:
(a) 17-20 - 1
(b) 21-25 - 3
(c) 26-30 - 4
(d) 31-35 - 3
(2) Push ups minimum is 34 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) 3 miles run minimum is 27 mins
Commands must ensure the Marines' PFT information are within the above requirements prior to submission of checklist. Marines who do not meet the above requirements are not eligible to report to scheduled OCC, and will be disenrolled from their respective programs. Do not send checklists to OCS POC in paragraph 17.
e. All "yes" answers to questions, 4 through 9 on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC at time of application, must include the signed applicable forms and signed detailed handwritten statements explaining events, to include supporting documents per ref (e).
f. If you have an active security clearance that is adjudicated, question 30 does not apply. Marines who do not have an adjudicated clearance cannot report to OCS until the clearance has been adjudicated as directed per chapter one of ref (a).
10. Funding. Selected Marines and Marines deferred from previous boards determined medically qualified by BUMED will be notified of their medical qualifications by the MCRC POC in paragraph 16. Upon notification, a funding letter will be provided with additional guidance to the scheduled Marines to submit to their parent commands for issuance of Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. Questions concerning funding, should not be directed to MCRC but rather to the POC email located in the funding letter or the Marines Defense Travel System (DTS) administrator. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component change before a funding letter can be provided. RECP and MCP-R deferred Marines, from previous boards determined medically qualified by BUMED, will be notified by MCRC POC and should then contact Reserve Affairs (RAM) at commercial (703) 784-9136 or email email@example.com for orders-writing instructions. Within one week of receiving funding letters, all scheduled Marines are directed to forward one of the following, electronically to the MCRC POC in paragraph 16, regardless of the status of their orders:
a. respond "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or "drop off to OCS" or
b. a copy of tentative flight itinerary to and from OCS from the government travel agency (provide updated itinerary once approved). Additionally, Marines whose flights arrive prior to report date must provide intent to OCS by stating "OCS shuttle" or "drop off".
Once orders are approved, scheduled Marines will provide the MCRC POC in paragraph 16 one of the following:
a. Marines on non-local funded travel must provide a copy of approved DTS or DD Form 1610 orders with the Training and Education Command line of accounting in accounting classification or
b. Marines on local non-funded travel must provide command endorsed orders. All above information must be received by MCRC POC in paragraph 16 no later than five days prior to reporting to OCS. Failure to provide the above information can result in removal from the scheduled OCS class and possible disenrollment from respective program.
11. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent commands or directed duty stations. All claims for travel reimbursements must be completed within five days upon return to parent commands or directed duty stations. ECPs, RECPs, and MCP-Rs will receive their orders for TBS prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent commands or directed duty stations, and are directed to submit their TBS checklist with final PFT and all signatures to MCRC POC or representative prior to OCS graduation. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester start outlined in ref (e), the MCRC POC will request via Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or Permanent Change of Assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. Acceptance letters received close to the end of the fiscal year or in the event of a government shutdown, may experience a delay in orders due to funding restrictions. Upon submission of a school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS or PCA orders to the NROTC-affiliated schools as directed. Orders will not be requested if the timeframe from receipt of acceptance letter to MCRC and the NROTC-affiliated school no later than date provided at OCS by MCRC POC is not a minimum of 60 days. Exceptions to this policy will not be made except for PCA moves or extenuating medical circumstances. Supporting documentation must be submitted for review and approval. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves prior to being issued orders. MECEPs are not authorized to report earlier than established NLT date without proper justification from MOIs at NROTC-affiliated schools, and MCRC approval. Formal requests, for an earlier start to NROTC-affiliated schools, must include an acceptance letter, and must be routed via parent command prior to reporting to OCS. MECEPs refer to refs (a), (i), and (j) for obligated service and pertinent information. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/extensions per ref (h) should be directed to MMEA-1 at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their desired NROTC-affiliated schools listed at website www.nrotc.navy.mil for introductions. MECEPS are not authorized to attend listed NROTC schools on above website that annotate Registered Nurse (RN) option only or Navy option only. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate schools. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves to transfer to another college or university from which originally ordered without prior approval from MCRC. Only NROTC-affiliated schools will be accepted. Waivers to attend non-NROTC-affiliated schools are not authorized. Acceptance letters, which are not received within one year of OCS graduation, will be an automatic disenrollment from MECEP.
12. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS, the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are disenrolled and do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent commands or directed duty stations. MCRC POC will provide official notification of disenrollment with next course of action upon receipt of official disenrollment package from OCS.
c. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, unless sooner dropped for a cause, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The Commanding Officer (CO), OCS, is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for a cause during any phase of training. The CO, OCS, can only recommend an OCS class outside the authorized 10-week class for E-O applicants that are disenrolled from OCS however, CG MCRC, is the final adjudicating official.
13. Officer candidates must ensure prior to departing OCS that they obtain their medical records and record books (if applicable).
14. Post TBS information.
a. The Commandant's Education Board, which selects Marine Officers to attend graduate schools between the grades of first lieutenant and major, requires Marines to have qualifying calculus and science classes for selection to certain programs (e.g. Naval Postgraduate School, Air Force Institute of Technology, and DARPA Fellowships). For this reason, MECEP students are highly encouraged to pursue degrees within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculums in order to qualify for graduate programs and fellowship opportunities. Marines who pursue non-STEM degrees also are encouraged to take calculus I and II and calculus-based science classes to qualify for selection to these programs in the future. Refer to ref (k) for more information.
15. As a reminder and per ref (d), the next selection board application deadline is 18 November 2019. The FY20 board three will convene 10 February 2020. Extensions for submission of applications will no longer be accepted past the deadline. Commands and Marines that do not meet the deadline date must submit for the next available board. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Program requirements must be met prior to applications' deadline or the Marines will be ineligible for board consideration.
16. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN. For email correspondence email firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. The OCS POC is Student Activities Section at commercial (703) 784-2077, or email OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
18. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
19. This MARADMIN is cancelled 1 March 2020.
20. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//