R 162000Z OCT 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CAREER RECRUITER AFFILIATION BONUS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/U.S.C. TITLE 37//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20110502//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/RA/YMD: 20190920//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS U.S.C. TITLE 37, CHAPTER 5, SECTION 308C. REFERENCE (B) IS THE RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL. REFERENCE (C) IS MARADMIN 513/19 ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM ENLISTED CAREER FORCE CONTROLS (ECFC)//
POC/J. U. ARELLANO /MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-784-9143/ EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. F. FARMAKIS/MAJ/MCRC-PSR/TEL: 703-784-9900/ EMAIL: GEORGE.FARMAKIS@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
POC/J. C. ORTON/GYSGT/MCRC G-1/TEL: 703-784-9868/EMAIL: JAMES.ORTON@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
1. Effective 1 October 2019, this MARADMIN authorizes a 15,000 dollar Active Reserve (AR) Career Recruiter Affiliation Bonus for new career recruiters affiliated with the AR Program in accordance with references (a) and (b). Approvals for this incentive are on a first come, first served basis for all allocations.
2. Eligibility Requirements
a. A Marine must have a previously approved lateral move (LATMOV) and a PMOS of 8422 or an Intended Military Occupational Specialty (IMOS) of 8422 in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
b. Marines must meet one of the following criteria:
(1) An AR Staff Sergeant presently serving in a Production Recruiter billet.
(2) An AR Staff Sergeant requesting to return to Prior Service Recruiting (PSR) after less than a 24-month break from a recruiting tour with no adverse material.
(3) A Staff Sergeant presently serving, or has previously served in a PSR Extended Active Duty recruiter capacity requesting direct hire to the AR Program with an IMOS of 8422.
(4) An AR Gunnery Sergeant with a time in grade less than two years by 30 September 2020.
c. A Marine must obtain or have the contractual time in order to fulfill a 36 month service obligation upon the acceptance date of the reenlistment, extension, lateral move (RELM) (also known as the execution date) of the bonus or date current tour began at the unit, whichever is later. The acceptance date (execution date) is the date the Marine signs the Reserve Affairs Personnel Management Branch (RA(RAM)) approved RELM.
d. Marines must not have any adverse material while on recruiting duty.
e. A Marine must not have a reduction in rank in his or her current grade, unless the reduction is as a result of reference (c).
f. A Marine must not be entitled to receive retired or retainer pay.
g. Marines must fill a valid 8422 Billet Identification Code (BIC) vacancy.
3. Administrative Guidance
a. Eligible Marines must have an approval to LATMOV in FY20 prior to submitting for this incentive.
b. Marines who meet the retention guidelines in reference (b) and the incentive eligibility requirements established in this MARADMIN should submit an incentive request via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS). Marines must include a signed Statement of Understanding (SOU) as an attachment to the TFRS request.
(1) The updated SOU is available in TFRS.
(2) A validated SOU will contain the member’s name and Electronic Data Interchange Personal Identifier (EDIPI), all unit information, BIC information, IMOS, and every appropriate initial or signature. If the SOU is missing any required data, it will be returned to the appropriate unit for corrective action.
c. Upon verification of a previously accepted LATMOV in FY20, and required contractual time, RA (RAM) will forward the TFRS request to the Incentives Section for adjudication.
d. Upon approval of the incentive request, RA (RAM) will issue a Bonus Control Number (BCN) and forward the request back to the originator through TFRS.
e. Marines assigned a BCN, who fail to complete Basic Prior Service Recruiter Course (BPSRC) within the 365 days of approval, forfeit their incentive eligibility.
f. Payment procedure. Payment of the lump sum bonus will occur after completion of the CRC. The parent command will verify the posted obligation remark in MCTFS. Once verified, the unit will then report the following unit diary entries:
(1) Bonus Program Enlisted For (PEF) code (report prior to bonus payment) use PEF code RC as indicated: TTC 153 001 bonus PEF RC.
(2) The applicable bonus entry is reported with the effective date of the Marine’s graduation date: TTC 900 003.
g. This bonus is retroactive to include 8422 LATMOVs previously approved in FY20.
4. Retraining. Retraining is a requirement for this incentive. A Marine must be PMOS/IMOS qualified to be eligible. The no later than submission date for requests for this incentive in TFRS is 30 June 2020.
a. Recipients of this incentive will incur a three-year obligation from the date of the RELM approval.
b. Recipients must serve three years in the PMOS/IMOS authorized for this incentive.
a. Recoupment will occur at the full amount if the Marine:
(1) Fails to complete BPSRC within the timeline described in paragraph 3e.
(2) Fails to fulfill the service obligation in the 8422 MOS.
(3) Is relieved for cause or for the good of the service.
(4) Transfers to the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Individual Mobilization Augmentee program, or the Individual Ready Reserve.
(5) Augments to the active component.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the Marine receives a denial for further service due to twice failing selection to the next higher grade or disability.
7. The incentive amount is a 15,000 dollar lump sum payment.
8. Recipients of this incentive may not concurrently receive another incentive.
9. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 June 2020.
10. Release authorized by Colonel R. H. Pitchford, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//