R 011800Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/COMMARCORSYSCOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FY20-01 MARINE CORPS SYSTEMS COMMAND (MARCORSYSCOM) ACQUISITION SCREENING AND SLATING (MASS) PANEL//
REF/A/ASN(RDA)DON DAWIA OPERATING GUIDE/25 MARCH 2019//
REF/B/MCO 1300.64B/COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM/23 MARCH 2017//
NARR/REF A IS THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY (RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND ACQUISITION) DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY (DON) DEFENSE ACQUISTION WORKFOCE IMPROVEMENT ACT (DAWIA) OPERATION GUIDE. REF B ESTABLISHES POLICY FOR ACQUISITION COMMAND EQUIVALENT SELECTION.//
POC/R. E. CISNEROS/CIV/UNIT: OPS AND PROG MARCORSYSCOM/QUANTICO VA/TEL: 703-432-4154/DSN 378-4154/EMAIL: RUTH.CISNEROS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the references, the purpose of this MARADMIN is to solicit applicants for seven (7) FY20-01 Marine Corps Systems Command Acquisition Screening and Slating (MASS) Panel positions. The MASS Panel is conducted semi-annually or as required to screen and slate qualified applicants to fill Command and Command Equivalent Acquisition Key Leadership Positions (KLPs) and Critical Acquisition Positions (CAPs). KLPs are senior acquisition positions that require special ASN(RDA) attention with regard to qualifications and accountability. CAPs are senior acquisition positions with significant responsibility, primarily involving supervisory or management duties, in acquisition systems. The MASS Panel implements processes identified in the references and complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements. The DON Director, Acquisition Talent Management (DATM) provides oversight into the process.
2. The following two Key Leadership Positions (KLP) are open to qualified Department of the Navy (DoN) Military O6 (O6(S)) and civilians who MUST qualify at the senior NH-IV/GS-15 or equivalent pay band level as a lateral reassignment (read in one column): Deputy Program Manager (PM) Combat Support System-Marine Corps (GCSS-MC), Program Executive Officer (PEO) Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), PMW 230 Stafford, VA (Dec 19). Deputy PM Air Command and Control and Sensor Netting, PEO Land Systems Quantico, VA (Summer 20).
3. The following two (2) Command Equivalent CAPs are open to qualified Marine Acquisition Officer (MAO)- Ground (PMOS 8061) O5 or O5(S) and all qualified NV-IVs within MCSC/PEOs who MUST qualify at the senior NH-IV/GS-15 or equivalent pay band level as a lateral reassignment (read in one column): PM Communications Systems, Portfolio Manager (PfM) Command Element Systems (CES), MCSC Stafford, VA (Summer 20) Product Manager Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV), PM Advanced Amphibious Assault, PEO Land Systems, Stafford, VA (Immediate)
4. The following three (3) CAPs are open to MAO - Ground (PMOS 8061) O5 or O5(S) (read in one column): PM Family of Special Operations Vehicles (FOSOV), Special Operations Forces (Acquisition Technology and Logistics (SOF(ATL)), Command Equivalent Tampa, FL (Summer 20) Professor Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Ft Belvoir, VA (Summer 20) Chief of Staff (COS) Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (DASN) Air-Ground, Arlington, VA (Summer 20)
5. Additional billet vacancies (KLP and/or CAP) may occur prior to FY20-02 MASS Panel. Additional vacancies will be advertised via official solicitation.
6. Qualified military and civilian personnel may obtain official solicitation from the message POC.
7. MARCORSYSCOM, as the Executive Agent for Acquisition Training and Education, will verify all acquisition certifications, workforce experience, and academic qualifications prior to the panel.
8. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
9. Release authorized by Brigadier General A. J. Pasagian, Commander, Marine Corps Systems Command.//