R 041837Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY21 ACTIVE AND RESERVE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND OPERATIONS NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS DOD OPERATIONS AT US EMBASSIES. REF B IS DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF C IS THE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF D IS MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF E IS PRECEDENCE LEVELS FOR MANNING AND STAFFING. REF F IS FY21 ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND OPERATIONS NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER SELECTION BOARD.//
POC/T. A. BROWNE/UNIT: HQMC I/-/TEL: 703-693-5421/EMAIL: THOMAS.BROWNE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following active and reserve Staff Non-Commissioned Officers were selected by the FY21 Marine Attaché Selection Board. These Marines will be nominated to the Defense Intelligence Agency for final approval: Active Duty Selectees (Read in three columns)
Country Name Rank MOS
EL SALVADOR ANDREWS, JOSHUA S. SGT 0211
ARMENI BEGBIE, KEITH A. SSGT 1721
NEPAL BRANTLEY, DANIEL T. SGT 0241
OMAN HACKETT, JONATHAN GYSGT 0211
JORDAN MALM, TYLER S. GYSGT 6174
ETHOPIA ROLLINS, SAMUEL M. SSGT 0211
Reserve Selectees (Read in two columns)
SKVORTSOV, YEVGENIY A. SSGT
2. No later than two weeks from the release date of this MARADMIN all selectees must:
2.a. Contact LtCol Thomas A. Browne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-693-5421 in order to accept the assignment and receive further guidance if necessary.
2.b. Contact their primary MOS monitor and commence initial assignment coordination.
3. Selectees can decline their selection without any negative consequences; however, once a selectee accepts their selection, they are obligated to fulfill the requirements of a Defense Attaché System Operations Non-Commissioned Officer.
4. It is highly recommended that selected Staff Non-Commissioned Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers complete professional military education, for their grade, before they receive Permanent Change of Station orders for training in the National Capital Region. Training start dates are dependent upon the assigned country and corresponding training requirements, but can be as early as January 2020. Selectees with competing Marine Corps requirements that could potentially delay their availability for training must notify LtCol Browne and their primary MOS monitor in their initial correspondence. Headquarters Marine Corps will coordinate a final determination with Manpower and Reserve Affairs to resolve competing mission requirements.
5. A limited portion of training during the Joint Military Attaché School is available to the selectees’ spouses. Although spouse attendance is not required, it is highly recommended, and does not incur any additional cost to the Service member. A security clearance will be submitted for the attending spouse. Additionally, language training is available to attending spouses for most billets at the request of the selectee.
6. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//