R 041852Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/WOUNDED WARRIOR REGIMENT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 MARINE CORPS TRIALS//
POC/C. CASANOVA/CAPT/WWR S-3/EMAIL: CLAUDIO.CASANOVA@USMC.MIL/TEL: 703-432-5468//
POC/K. ROGERS/CIV/WWR WAR-P/TEL: 703-432-1225/EMAIL: KERRI.ROGERS@USMC.MIL//
POC/K.FISHER/CTR/WWR WAR-P/TEL: 703-432-1872/EMAIL: KELLY.FISHER.CTR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Wounded Warrior Regiment's (WWR) Warrior Athlete Reconditioning Program (WAR-P) provides adaptive sports activities to Recovering Service Members (RSMs) commensurate with their physical and psychological capabilities in order to enhance individual recovery and enable RSMs to develop life-long healthy habits to improve their quality of life.
2. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to solicit applicants for the 2020 Marine Corps Trials (MCT) from RSMs not assigned to WWR.
3. As part of the recovery process, WWR sponsors the annual MCT, a 12-sport athletic competition for wounded, ill, and injured (WII) active-duty, veterans, and international partner nations’ militaries.
4. The 2020 MCT will be held aboard Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Pendleton, CA from 28 February to 11 March 2020. The MCT serves as the primary selection venue for the annual Department of Defense (DoD) Warrior Games (WG) hosted this year by the United States Marine Corps in San Antonio, TX from 14-29 September 2020.
4.a. The MCT features two teams (East and West) consisting of WII active, reserve, and veteran athletes who have served with Marine units. This includes, but is not limited to, RSMs recovering from or adapting to medical impairments such as amputation, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress, mental health, visual impairment, or cancer. Injuries do not have to be combat related.
4.b. RSMs must have trained in the sports they choose to register in and be medically cleared to participate in prior to arrival at the MCT. The MCT is a competitive environment, not the time to begin a new sport. RSMs not associated with WWR will be assigned to the East or West team based on their geographic location.
4.c. RSMs with EAS dates set within six weeks of the execution of the MCT will not be allowed to participate.
4.d. RSMs that anticipate participation in an internship or transition related events (job interviews, house hunting, etc.) during the 2020 MCT will not be allowed to participate.
4.e. The following sports competitions will be offered at the 2020 MCT: shooting (air rifle and pistol), swimming, cycling, wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball, wheelchair rugby, powerlifting, indoor rowing, archery, golf, track, and field.
4.f. RSMs shall select, at a minimum, two sports to compete in, not to include team sports.
5. RSMs interested in participating shall email email@example.com for more information.
5.a. RSMs will be provided a link to the registration form that must be filled out completely and accurately.
5.b. RSMs requesting registration must secure a command endorsement stating the Marine or Sailor is mentally and physically capable of participating, and will be made available to attend.
5.c. Registration must contain required medical questionnaire provided by WWR WAR-P and that is current within six months of the last day of the MCT.
5.d. All participation requests must be received by WWR WAR-P NLT 20 December 2019 via encrypted email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues regarding registration.
5.e. Participation requests will be screened and those invited to attend will be notified NLT 10 January 2020.
5.f. For those selected by WWR WAR-P and approved by their parent command to attend, active-duty Temporary Assigned Duty orders will be generated by the local command and funded by WWR. Dates of travel are 27 February 2020 - 12 March 2020 to MCB Camp Pendleton, CA. Government lodging and meals are directed. Billeting in Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant rooms will be arranged by WWR for those who require it.
6. Questions regarding this MARADMIN should be addressed to email@example.com.
7. Released authorized by Lieutenant General Michael Rocco, DC M&RA.//