R 041915Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF DECEMBER 2019 JUDICIAL SCREENING BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/JAGINST 5817.1I//
NARR/REF A IS JAG INSTRUCTION 5817.1I, JUDICIAL SCREENING BOARD//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to publish the convening date and application requirements for the December 2019 Judicial Screening Board.
2. The board will convene on 11 December 2019 and will be conducted in accordance with the reference. Application requirements and format are contained in the reference. The references should be read in their entirety prior to submitting an application.
3. The reference and a fillable Adobe version of the Judicial Screening Board Appraisal Form are available on the Judge Advocate Division, Plans and Innovation Branch web page: https:(slash)(slash)www.hqmc.marines.mil/sja/Branches/Plans-Innovation-Branch-JPI/Judicial-Screening-Board/.
4. Officers must be screened by the board and approved by the Judge Advocate General before they can be assigned to military judge billets. Officers interested in being slated for a military judge billet during the next detailing cycle should apply. Applicants should indicate in their personal statement if they are seeking screening for the trial bench, appellate bench, or both.
5. Eligibility. The board will consider active duty and reserve applications. Applicants for the trial judiciary should be in the pay grade O-4 or above, and applicants for the appellate bench should be in the pay grade of O-5 or above. Screening for judicial assignment expires four years after the announcement of the board results. Screened judge advocates who do not report to their first judicial assignment within four years of JAG approval of their screening must be rescreened. Additionally, prior military judges who do not return to the bench within four years of their last judicial assignment must be rescreened.
6. Applications must arrive to OJAG (Code 05) no later than 26 November 2019. Applicants should submit their application electronically as a single PDF via the DoD SAFE website at: https:(slash)(slash)safe.apps.mil. Please grant access to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. No e-mail submissions will be accepted.
7. Upon submission of an application, applicants should notify Major J. F. Boyer via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (703) 693-9059. All applicants must also provide an electronic copy of their completed application to HQMC, Judge Advocate Division (POC is Maj Boyer) no later than 26 November 2019. Questions on the application process may be directed to Maj Boyer.
8. Released by Lieutenant General John J. Broadmeadow, Director, Marine Corps Staff, HQMC.//