R 051630Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC MRA DAG SECT WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR NOMINEES FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2019 MARINE CORPS MANPOWER, PERSONNEL, AND ADMINISTRATION AWARDS PROGRAM//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1650.18/YMD: 20181120//
POC/DONALD, JOSEPH/LTCOL/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9551//
POC/MCNEIL, STEPHEN/MAJ/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9343//
POC/DEMPSEY, TREVOR/CWO5/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9217//
POC/HART, SCOTT/MGYSGT/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9738//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. In accordance with reference (a) this MARADMIN solicits nominees for the Manpower, Personnel, and Administration Awards Program (MCMPAAP), an annual award that recognizes individual active and reserve component Marines, civilian Marines, and a Personnel Administration Center (PAC) who, within the total force during calendar year (CY) 2019, made significant contributions to the administrative community and exemplified superior excellence and dedication to mission readiness. The award categories are as follows:
1.a.1. Manpower Officer of the Year, Second Lieutenant through Captain.
1.a.2. Personnel Officer of the Year, Warrant Officer through Chief Warrant Officer-3.
1.a.3. Marine of the Year, Private through Lance Corporal.
1.a.4. Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Corporal through Sergeant.
1.a.5. Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Staff Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant.
1.a.6. Civilian of the Year, General Schedule-4 through General Schedule-12.
1.a.7. PAC of the Year.
2. Action. Commands whose Marines and civilian Marines in the active and reserve component that best exemplify outstanding professionalism and leadership within the administrative community, exhibit superior knowledge of manpower and personnel administration for their grade, exhibit qualities that promote esprit de corps within the unit, and demonstrate the Marine Corps values of honor, courage, and commitment are encouraged to nominate deserving personnel. Nominated PACs should be recognized as the PAC that best exemplifies outstanding personnel administrative support to personnel aboard their installation. All nominees must be received by Secretariat Office, Manpower & Reserve Affairs no later than 6 January 2020.
3. Eligibility Criteria.
3.a. Manpower Officer of the Year. Captains selected to the grade of major are eligible if the officer is not promoted during CY 2019.
3.b. Personnel Officer of the Year. Chief Warrant Officers selected to CWO-4 are eligible if the officer is not promoted during CY 2019.
3.c. Noncommissioned and Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year. Sergeants selected to Staff Sergeant and Gunnery Sergeants selected to Master Sergeant are eligible to compete in current grade, if the individual is not promoted during CY 2019.
3.d. Civilian Marine of the Year. Federal Government civilian employees in the pay grade of GS-04 through GS-12, holding an occupational series within the 0200 or 0300 occupational groups, and serving in an administrative billet within the Marine Corps during CY 2019. Contractors are not eligible.
4.a. Nominating Commands, Individual Awards. Candidates for categories listed in paragraphs 1.A.1. through 1.A.6. will be routed through the first general officer in the Marine or civilian Marine’s chain of command.
4.b. Nominating Commands, PAC Award. Units submitted for the PAC of the Year award include all personnel administration centers, stand-alone units, such as Inspector-Instructor commands, and reserve battalion-level administration management units. Nomination packages submitted on behalf of these units will be routed through the first general officer in the units’ chain of command.
5. Nomination packages.
5.a. Nominations for Manpower Officer of the Year, Personnel Officer of the Year, Marine of the Year, Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, and Civilian of the Year will consist of a single page biography stating nominee’s experience and work history, an endorsement letter from nominee’s commanding officer, and a summary of performance supporting the nominees’ qualifications for the award. The summary of performance should provide a detailed description of the nominee’s performance during the award period, presenting specific examples of the performance and the manner in which it was accomplished and the benefits derived. The summary of performance is not to exceed two pages in length. Nomination packages must be endorsed by the first general officer in the chain of command. Only one submission for each category will be accepted per command.
5.b. Nomination packages for Personnel Administration Center of the Year will consist of an endorsement letter from organization’s commanding officer, statistics citing significant PAC accomplishments during the eligibility period, to include special/unique training, support provided for exercises/deployments, inspection results, improved unit and/or PAC readiness, and a two page summary of performance supporting the units’ qualification for the award. The summary of performance should provide a detailed description of the unit’s exceptional performance during the award period, presenting specific examples of the performance which set the nominated PAC apart from other organizations and the benefits derived as a result. PAC nominations must include a letter of recommendation from the supported unit/organization commander or first General Officer in the reporting chain.
6. Submissions must be received by the nomination deadline for consideration and selection by a non-statutory awards board. Nominations for deployed forces should be submitted via their operational chain of command. Under no circumstances should units submit nominations via multiple chains of command.
7. Commands are directed to submit packages to the Secretariat Office Organizational Mail Box address (DC.MRA.SECRETARIAT.OFFICE@usmc.mil) via the ARL Secure Access FileExchange (SAFE) website located at https:(slash)(slash)safe.apps.mil. Nominations are to be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF). Nominations submitted via United States mail service will not be accepted.
8. Award recipients will be announced via a forthcoming MARADMIN scheduled for release mid-January. Award recipients will be recognized during an award ceremony aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico on Wednesday, 18 March 2020. Local commanders are encouraged to recognize individual nominees and recipients at appropriate ceremonies.
9. Address questions pertaining to this MARADMIN to the above mentioned points of contact.
10. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps total force.
11. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//