R 081549Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST INDUCTION AND GRADUATION STANDARDS//
REF/A/MARADMIN 330/19 FORTHCOMING CHANGE TO THE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT)//
REF/B/MCO 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 1/13 MAR 2019//
NARR/REF A OUTLINES THE OPTION TO CONDUCT A PLANK AS AN ALTERNATE TO THE ABDOMINAL CRUNCH ON THE PFT. REF B IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.13A CH-1 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS//
POC/ADAM UNKLE/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM FORCE FITNESS DIVISION/EMAIL: ADAM.S.UNKLE@USMC.MIL/COMM: (703) 432-2231//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN is an advisory which implements guidance resulting from changes to the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) announced in reference (ref) (a). This is a coordinated Training and Education Command and Marine Corps Recruiting Command message, and provides updated guidance on Officer Candidate School (OCS) physical standards.
2. Officer Candidate Course (OCC) 233 will be the first OCS class reporting to OCS in calendar year 2020 and will have the option to conduct a plank on PFTs. As such, OCC 233 officer candidates, and all future OCS candidates, can induct into and graduate from OCS if they meet the following by-event, minimum standards:
Push-up/Pull-up Hybrid Test 8 pull-ups or 62 push-ups
Crunches/Plank 70 crunches in 2 minutes or a plank longer than 1:03 seconds
3 mile run 24 minutes
Push-up/Pull-up Hybrid Test
17-20 year old 1 pull-up or 34 push-ups
21-25 year old 3 pull-ups or 34 push-ups
26-30 year old 4 pull-ups or 34 push-ups
31/+ year old 3 pull-ups or 34 push-ups
Crunches 70 crunches in 2 minutes or a plank longer than 1:03 seconds
3 mile run 27 minutes
2.c. In addition to meeting the above by-event minimums, officer candidates must also score at least a 220 aggregate PFT score to be accepted and inducted into OCS. Ref (b) provides the PFT scoring tables.
2.d. To graduate OCS, officer candidates must score at least 235 on the PFT according to the standards published at the time of graduation. The age group used to score officer candidates on the induction and final fitness tests will correspond to their age at the time of testing.
3. All officer candidate selection boards for candidates reporting to OCC 233 and all future classes will select candidates based on these requirements.
4. If you have questions about this revision please contact the Force Fitness Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 784-2231.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Major General William F. Mullen III, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//