R 151945Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION OF NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 MARINE CORPS AVIATION ASSOCIATION (MCAA) JOHN GLENN SQUADRON MARINE AVIATION ACQUISITION AWARDS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1650.29H/YMD: 20100922//
AMPN/REF A IS AVIATION AWARDS ORDER.//
POC/D. MOTTOLA/MAJ/UNIT: MARINE AVIATION DETACHMENT (MAD) PATUXENT (PAX) RIVER/-/TEL: DSN 342-1515 /TEL: COMM (301) 342-1515/EMAIL: DANICA.J.MOTTOLA@NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To solicit nominations for the annual MCAA John Glenn Squadron Marine aviation acquisition awards. Nomination packages are due to MAD Patuxent River NLT 6 December 2019.
2. Background: the MCAA John Glenn Squadron, located at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland, annually presents awards to recognize Marines who have distinguished themselves through the most significant contribution to, or professional achievement in the field of Marine aviation acquisition during the preceding calendar year. Citations and individual and permanent trophies will be presented at a formal dinner banquet held at NAS Patuxent River, Maryland in February 2020. Transportation and billeting for awardees (and their spouses, if applicable) who do not reside in the local area will be provided by the MCAA John Glenn Squadron.
3. Instructions/criteria for nominations:
a. The period for all MCAA aviation acquisition awards is 1 January 2019 through 31 December 2019.
b. Award criteria and instructions for completing and submitting nomination packages can be obtained by contacting the message POC.
4. The 2020 MCAA aviation acquisition awards and eligibility are as follows:
a. Senator John H. Glenn Test Pilot/Naval Flight Officer (NFO) of the Year. Eligibility: all Marine aviators and naval flight officers performing duties as a test pilot or NFO.
b. Lieutenant General Michael A. Hough Acquisition Officer of the Year. Eligibility: all Marine officers performing duties that contribute to or support Marine aviation acquisition efforts.
c. Gunnery Sergeant Sean Joyce/Master Gunnery Sergeant Gary leader Acquisition Staff Non-commissioned Officer (SNCO) of the Year. Eligibility: All Marine SNCOs performing duties that contribute to or support Marine aviation acquisition efforts.
5. Nomination packages must be submitted through the appropriate chain of command to: Commanding Officer of the Marine Aviation Detachment, Patuxent River via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Release authorized by LtGen S.R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//