R 192108Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC INFO MM//
SUBJ/FY21 ACTIVE AND RESERVE OFFICER MARINE ATTACHE SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS DOD OPERATIONS AT US EMBASSIES. REF B IS DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF C IS THE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF D IS MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF E IS PRECEDENCE LEVELS FOR MANNING AND STAFFING. REF F IS FY21 ACTIVE AND RESERVE MARINE ATTACHE SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT.//
POC/T. A. BROWNE/UNIT: HQMC I/-/TEL: 703-693-5421/EMAIL: THOMAS.BROWNE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following active officers were selected by the FY21 Marine Attaché Selection Board and have been approved by the Secretary of the Navy. These Marines will be nominated to the Defense Intelligence Agency for final approval: Primary Active Duty Selectees (Read in four columns)
Country Name Rank MOS
GEORGIA MARSHALL, RICHARD C. CAPT 0602
ISRAEL ARBEGAST, ROBERT C. MAJ 7565
IRAQ DECKER, NICHOLAS CAPT 0207
JAPAN ODJIMER, REGINALD C. MAJ 6002
JORDAN STOKES, JANE V. LTCOL 0207
PAPA NEW GUINEA VOYNE, ANNA M. LTCOL 0202
TAIWAN WILSON, SCOTT A. MAJ 4402
TUNISIA WILLIS, WILLIAM M. MAJ 0307
TURKEY FISHER, JEREMY A. CAPT 0302
2. The following active duty officers are alternates and will be contacted to fill vacancies if any of the primary selectees decline their selection: Active Alternate Selectees (Read in three columns)
Name Rank MOS
GOLDSTEIN, JEREMY G. CAPT 0602
HITCHCOCK, BRADLEY D. LTCOL 7202
PATTON, SEAN B. LTCOL 4402
3. The following reserve officers were selected by the FY21 Marine Attaché Selection Board and have been approved by the Secretary of the Navy. These Marines will be joined to the HQMC Intel IMA Detachment for future service in the Defense Attaché Service: Primary Reserve Duty Selectees (Read in three columns)
Name Rank MOS
DICK III, FRANCIS E. LTCOL 0202
DING, MICHAEL H. CAPT 0802
KIM, JIN K. LTCOL 0202
SHEA, EDWARD J. LTCOL 7563
4. The following reserve duty officers are alternates and will be contacted to fill vacancies if any of the primary selectees decline their selection. They will not be joined to the HQMC Intel IMA Detachment unless a primary selectee declines: Reserve Alternates (Read in three columns)
Name Rank MOS
OTTEN, TIMOTHY D. MAJ 7509
PIET, MARGARET A. LTCOL 0202
5. No later than two weeks from the release date of this MARADMIN all selected officers must:
A. Contact LtCol Thomas A. Browne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-693-5421 in order to accept the assignment and receive further guidance if necessary.
B. Contact their primary MOS monitor and commence initial assignment coordination.
6. Selected officers can decline admittance into the Marine Attache Program without any negative consequences; however, once an officer accepts their selection they are obligated to participate in the Marine Attache Program.
7. Selected officers can expect Permanent Change of Station orders for training in the National Capital Region. Training start dates are dependent upon the assigned country and corresponding training requirements but can be as early as January 2020. Selected officers with competing Marine Corps requirements that could potentially delay their availability for training must notify LtCol Browne and their primary MOS monitor in their initial correspondence. Headquarters Marine Corps will coordinate a final determination with Manpower and Reserve Affairs to resolve competing mission requirements.
8. A limited portion of training during the Joint Military Attache School (JMAS) is available to the spouses of selected officers. Although spouse attendance is not required, it is highly recommended and does not incur any additional cost to the Service member. Language training is available to the spouse for most billets at the request of the selected officer. In addition to training, a security clearance will be submitted for the spouse.
9. Spouses must be naturalized US citizens prior to the service member attending JMAS.
10. Service members must complete a CI Polygraph prior to attending JMAS. This will be coordinated through Marine Corps Intelligence Activity.
11. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//